Newest Member
    joxey
April 2014 discussion

Mikehobbyst

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this is a bad thing?

Looking forward to hitting the course on Friday..winter is over, time to move on.

Sent from my SCH-I545

It's not a bad thing, just noting the changes. This is my favorite kind of weather, 50s and 60s for highs are the best. It'll only be a few short weeks before the ugly, god-awful nonstop heat and humidity is upon us so will enjoy this.

...pretty cool out here this morning...KFOX down to 21*..dropped 9* between

4am and 5am as winds went calm..i got down 26* here in eastport..

..todays full sunshine will feel great..declination of the sun similar to sept. 4th..

The big story the next couple of weeks will be about spring trying to arrive but the old winter

pattern trying to hold on as long as it can. It looks like a classic battle between warm and

cool days without either pattern having the chance to fully lock in. We'll probably see our

first 70 degree readings of the spring for at least the areas from the city west.

OKX morning disco:

UNSEASONABLY MILD TEMPS LIKELY TUESDAY WITH MILD AIRMASS IN PLACE
AND ONLY GRADUAL CAA. POTENTIAL FOR TEMPS TO CLIMB INTO THE LOWER
70S ACROSS NYC/NJ METRO AND PORTIONS OF THE INTERIOR.

I agree with the potential. Particularly, if we see some sunshine and CAA is slow. The Euro has 850mb temps 11C 8am Tuesday, with a strong SW flow. The MOS also has been running higher than 2m temps on the GFS and NAM for Tuesday. The NAM MOS last night had 70 for Newark:

KEWR   NAM MOS GUIDANCE    4/06/2014  0000 UTC                       DT /APR   6            /APR   7                /APR   8          /   HR   06 09 12 15 18 21 00 03 06 09 12 15 18 21 00 03 06 09 12 18 00  X/N                    57          42          54          51    70  TMP  41 38 40 47 54 57 54 50 46 44 46 51 51 49 48 51 53 53 56 67 62  DPT  25 24 22 18 19 23 27 30 31 33 33 29 35 43 48 49 49 50 51 46 41  CLD  CL CL CL CL CL FW FW CL BK CL CL OV OV OV OV OV OV OV OV OV OV 

The Euro is also consistent with the warm surge around April 14th. It shows 73 to 76 for much of NJ, While the coast stays in 50s or 60s, with southerly winds.

Thick smoke here. Pretty crazy.

GFS gets us pretty warm Friday afternoon ahead of showers and storms. I think we're into the mid 60's tomorrow afternoon with the Wly wind direction.

Gonna be bad for people like me on LI where NYC points N&W will be in the mid to upper 60's while LI will be struggling to be getting out of the 50's john

Thick smoke here. Pretty crazy. 

GFS gets us pretty warm Friday afternoon ahead of showers and storms. I think we're into the mid 60's tomorrow afternoon with the Wly wind direction. 

It literally smells like burning trees in Midtown now, crazy. I have to say though, it's an improvement over how it normally smells in Midtown. ;)

Smokey here in Queens too.

Heavy rainfall with some isolated, elevated t-storms are likely tonight. The GFS looks an outlier in it's further east placement of LLJ tonight. Rainfall totals should be between .75" to 1.25" for most here. The NAM and GFS shows us mixing into up to 850mb early tomorrow afternoon. The Euro still has 850mb temps about 4C at that time with WSW winds. So I think middle 60s are most likely, for NE NJ and NYC. But I wouldn't be shocked to see temps a little higher, especially if we get more sun early.

Archived