amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
April 2014 discussion

Mikehobbyst

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? Not that I doubt you, but I'm about 1/10th of a mile from the spot you mention, and I've recorded 0.17" of rain so far. The right lane in that area floods pretty often, but not usually after such a minimal amount of rain.

Right by the Red Robbin. It's causing extra slow traffic. It pretty much poured my whole route from Pompton Plains to Newark.

It looks like the GFS may have had the right idea all along. Most of the area looks to be around 0.40" so far with the radar looking bleak. Most models show some convective activity popping up overnight which could maybe give us another 0.25-0.50" or so. I highly doubt most stations will break more than 0.75", while the NAM had been showing totals near 1.50" for its last several runs. I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to 65+ degrees tomorrow. I just hope the clouds clear out early enough so that we actually get that warm.

I will give him that Mt. Holly is saying that the NAM has been lagging behind but they say that the Euro has been handling things the best so far and the Euro had 1"+ at 12z for a majority of the area.

Yeah I think most people will be around an inch give or take when all is said and done.

Maybe overall things will be slightly overdone but still a good little rain event. Green up should be kicked into gear

It just looks like most of the heavy stuff is going north/west of us but we shall see

The models are keying in on an area of elevated instability crossing the area overnight. The NAM seems to be the most robust with storm development but all models agree on at least some activity. You can see the instability axis currently to our south and southwest.

cpsh_sf.gif?1396925854890

Rain lightening thunder now

Earplugs, stabilizer, and snow blower back in storage for another 8 months, maybe more.   Maybe should keep the earplugs around for any positive charged loud thunder during elevated instability events.  All mall piles have been gone for weeks already, and all waters are ice free on LI for about 3 weeks already.  Seems like the March 20-31st time frame, whatever temp it is, becomes the end of having ice on any lakes, and also the end of all mall piles usually.  Once the sun gets over 50 degree elevation, snow in the sun meets its final demise.  I bet most of New England below 500 feet is losing lots of snow in the sun already.

Archived