joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2014 discussion

Mikehobbyst

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a quiet mid-week activity does look to pick up on Friday evening. More rain chances Saturday morning, Monday-Tuesday and the following weekend.

That front friday night is slowing down a bit, i think mt holly discussed it slowing and maybe stalling near us late friday night. I just need it out of the poconos by early saturday morning lol.

That front friday night is slowing down a bit, i think mt holly discussed it slowing and maybe stalling near us late friday night. I just need it out of the poconos by early saturday morning lol.

Storm systems and rain have a way of coming out of nowhere this time of year. Going back to Saturday it looked as if we'd be dry from Tuesday morning through next Monday. Now not so much.

There is the potential for 70's for sure on Friday. I think the upcoming week looks fantastic. Even behind that front it looks like 60's and 70's this weekend. 

There is the potential for 70's for sure on Friday. I think the upcoming week looks fantastic. Even behind that front it looks like 60's and 70's this weekend.

Yeah theres not much "cooler" air behind that front. How much moisture is with it on the Euro?

This is why that whole April sucks argument is ridiculous because you know we'll still see plenty of days with 60s and 70s. There's nothing atypical about this April thus far, you get some rain and a few cooler days, but then you get plenty of warmth and sunshine usually greatly outnumbering those cooler, rainy days. In fact, this April may very well be above average and it'll certainly be several degrees above by mid month. 

Any convective potential with that front of Friday by the way. 

The 12z GFS and GGEM show a wave developing along the cold front on Friday night. Giving us more rain,easterly winds and cool temps on Saturday. The 0z Euro showed wave development. But much further south over Delmarva. Something to keep an eye on.The high position south of Nova Scotia, doesn't really good for the coastal areas to get into the warmth this weekend.

Yeah theres not much "cooler" air behind that front. How much moisture is with it on the Euro?

Euro isn't that impressive at all with it. New GFS slows it down enough to bring us some good rain. It doesn't really mean much though. It'll be gorgeous ahead of it and even nicer behind it. Check out what comes behind that disturbance once the stalled front clears out:

f162.gif

Euro isn't that impressive at all with it. New GFS slows it down enough to bring us some good rain. It doesn't really mean much though. It'll be gorgeous ahead of it and even nicer behind it. Check out what comes behind that disturbance once the stalled front clears out:

f162.gif

Beautiful.

Archived