joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2014 discussion

Mikehobbyst

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wet snow in Larchmont. I took a quick drive on Route 1 where there is sufficient lighting. Below is a photo:

Larchmont04152014_1.jpg

Some car windows are partially coated.

My car had a lot of slush on it.

Terrible? Dont you love snow?

Not driving it in. I couldn't really see.

Snowing moderately in Cresskill, NJ at 33 degrees. Despite the snow rate which seems to be borderline heavy at times (but not quite there, visibility is still above 1/4 mile), it's mostly melting on contact except for a slushy coating on cars and grass. Sometimes the Palisades (elevation ~400-500ft) tends to do better with marginal events but I'm not sure if it will make much of a difference in this case in terms of accumulations.

EDIT: Starting to stick on all surfaces except for pavement as the temperature hit freezing, with a solid coating on the grass and tables. May have to get the ruler out if it keeps snowing at this rate.

NAM win :clap:

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM WEDNESDAY MORNING/...

-- Changed Discussion --

THE COLD FRONT PASSED BLOCK ISLAND AT 935 PM...AND WILL CONTINUE TO TRACK EASTWARD AWAY FROM THE CWA OVERNIGHT. SWITCHING INTO WINTER WEATHER MODE WITH CHANGEOVER ONGOING ACROSS ORANGE AND WESTERN PASSAIC COUNTIES. COOP REPORTED A CHANGE TO ALL SNOW WITH A COATING AT W MILFORD NJ...WITH OTHER REPORTS OF SLEET AND SNOW INTO MUCH OF NJ AND THE HUDSON VALLEY W OF THE RIVER. RADAR INDICATES ADDITIONAL MDT TO HEAVY PRECIPITATION FROM THE DC AREA NORTHWARD INTO NJ. AS A RESULT...UPPED SNOWFALL AMOUNTS ACROSS THE W. THIS LOOKS TO BE AN ELEVATION FAVORED EVENT...WITH THE HIGHEST SPOTS POSSIBLY GETTING AROUND 3 INCHES...AND THE LOWER ELEVATIONS PERHAPS LESS THAN AN INCH. A GENERAL 1-3 INCHES FOR ORANGE AND WESTERN PASSAIC WITH LESSER AMOUNTS ELSEWHERE WITH THE UPDATE. BECAUSE 3 INCH AMOUNTS ARE EXPECTED TO BE ISOLD AND CONFINED TO THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS AT THIS TIME...NO ADVISORY ISSUED. SLOWED THE ENDING OF PRECIPITATION ACROSS THE CWA DUE TO THE SLOWER TREND INDICATED BY RADAR...SUPPORTING THE SLOWER 18Z NAM SOLN. OVERNIGHT LOWS WILL BE IN THE MID 20S TO AROUND FREEZING. THUS... THE FREEZE WARNING HAS BEEN EXPANDED TO ALSO INCLUDE NYC...LONG ISLAND...AND COASTAL CT. THIS IS IN ADDITION TO MOST OF NE NJ AND ROCKLAND AND WESTCHESTER COUNTIES IN NEW YORK. GUIDANCE HAS BEEN TRENDING COLDER. BASED ON THE ANOMALOUSLY COLD AIR MASS...USED MODEL 2M TEMPS FOR LOWS...WHICH WAS SEVERAL DEGREES BELOW MOS GUIDANCE. LOWS WILL BE CLOSE TO RECORDS.

-- End Changed Discussion --

Archived