joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2014 discussion

Mikehobbyst

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moderate sleet in Cresskill, NJ (eastern Bergen county) with 36 degrees, based on the timing of the changeover inland I would give another 1-2 hours before snow starts to fall around this part of the area as well as mid level temps cool down enough. The last time I remember it snowing this late in the season was 4/5/06 with a slushy coating. With fairly warm surface temps I'm not sure if it will amount to much more than a coating at most, but seeing snow this late in the season with lows below freezing overnight is remarkable nonetheless.

Just listened to Lonnie Quinn and he thinks the ocean may cause the snow to 'be a little tired', slow down, and give Long Island the biggest numbers. Then again, he's not a met and could easily be wrong. But who knows. Just a little hope for some of the folks on the coast. 

I saw the same broadcast where he also placed the cold front west of NYC, almost perfectly over the mixing line. Not so sure I'd take that too seriously.

Nobody here seems to think parts of LI get snow.

Let's see what happens.

I think LI will see snow there. I just don't think there will be any isolated crazy amounts like last time. This is more of a coating to inch in some places, except NW areas with more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived