joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big Dud Observations

JoshM

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're just a bit north of you and we have been well entertained all morning looking out our back French doors. Big heavy flakes the size of quarters up to maybe a half hour ago when they got finer. Deck started to get covered but melted before it could get a anywhere close to a coating. Still coming down at a moderate clip right now and looks like flakes are again growing in size. Picture below does not do snow justice as it was taken by my old original 2 year old Nexus 1 smartphone. Looks like we may have another hour or two before it winds down, based on Intellicast radar.

Edit:  Seems like it wants to turn over to rain....and it just did!  :cry:

Radar returns look decent, but the ground truth is not impressive.  Looks like this is going to go down as a dud IMBY, though at least I saw a few flakes.  Not really unexpected.  Is it any better north of the Triad?  Any accumulations in the area?

post-2290-0-22830000-1395760162_thumb.jp

Everything but the roads are covered here.  In Ridgeway, VA this morning at 8, up to an inch was on the ground.  In Burlington at 9:30, the sun was trying to break through the clouds and there was no precip.  Back in Eden, the snow continues to fall  and the flakes are the size of a quarter. 

Radar returns look decent, but the ground truth is not impressive.  Looks like this is going to go down as a dud IMBY, though at least I saw a few flakes.  Not really unexpected.  Is it any better north of the Triad?  Any accumulations in the area?

here are a couple of pictures from Eden that a friend just posted on FB. 

post-1075-0-97651100-1395763313_thumb.jp    post-1075-0-75139200-1395763361_thumb.jp

Archived