wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Do We have one More in Us?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what is that hard to see on my phone, I watch ML features and not seeing dual lobes,if I am seeing that right the pressure field is elongated as occlusion occurs?

You're missing it on the phone. The original vortmax ....well more like a bunch of them are WAY south off Georgia. They are slung north as the trough digs in. The euro actually pulls some of that energy all the way back from off the coast of GA into New England. As that gets here the main energy is emerging off the Carolina's and rides out se of the energy over us. Enough force is exerted that they end up phasing close to us for a major low.

Nam wasn't able to do that in time but to say there aren't multiple 500mb speed maxes is wrong. We've seen this much of the winter. The nam alignment is totally different and it's the nam beyond 48. I was simply pointing out it's consistent finally with other guidance in having two Vortmaxs. The phasing of which is TBD

You're missing it on the phone. The original vortmax ....well more like a bunch of them are WAY south off Georgia. They are slung north as the trough digs in. The euro actually pulls some of that energy all the way back from off the coast of GA into New England. As that gets here the main energy is emerging off the Carolina's and rides out se of the energy over us. Enough force is exerted that they end up phasing close to us for a major low.

Nam wasn't able to do that in time but to say there aren't multiple 500mb speed maxes is wrong. We've seen this much of the winter. The nam alignment is totally different and it's the nam beyond 48. I was simply pointing out it's consistent finally with other guidance in having two Vortmaxs. The phasing of which is TBD

Nothing has come easy this winter. :lol:

Since I am the only one who mentioned it:

It's not that the low off Fl cause by CF is an error...it's that the NAM's depiction of it was in error.

All models have it, but none to the extent of the NAM.

I stated this pretty clearly earlier this morning.

For all intents and purposes they're similar. 1008-1012 offshore. Roughly. To me it's inconsequential it will come down to the speed of the two systems. Euro was fast enough with the trough slow enough with the initial to allow for a capture phase. Nam allowed it to run away totally.

Ginx - the hires Euro absolutely does have a "double barreled" low at 850.

At 12z Wednesday I see one closed 850 low south of ACK and another well east of there (200 miles?)

7h too? as obviously I don't have access, one thing, there is no capture, ULL is open until hr 90. Euro looks like a viable scenario as do others.Should get defined better today.

For all intents and purposes they're similar. 1008-1012 offshore. Roughly. To me it's inconsequential it will come down to the speed of the two systems. Euro was fast enough with the trough slow enough with the initial to allow for a capture phase. Nam allowed it to run away totally.

Well I guess my point is that both the op Euro, GFS and the vast majority of their ensembles allow it to get captured at some point. The timing of which is critical to sensible impacts.

7h too? as obviously I don't have access, one thing, there is no capture, ULL is open until hr 90. Euro looks like a viable scenario as do others.Should get defined better today.

700 as well. Seems like there's some convective feedback going on to the east.

It looks pretty much closed off at 500mb by 84 hours (12z Wednesday) but there's some funky stuff going on below that... probably due to convection. 

Nothing has changed for 3 days, save for waffles of individual runs.

The consensus is what it is....scrape.

What we are engaging is sping.

There is a huge sensible difference in the 06z GFS and the 12z GFS. Both are "scrapes" from a macro perspective.

Your posts are a bit ridiculous the last couple days.

Gfs doesn't look great for anybody involved really.

Its actually pretty insane how different the gfs and euro are with regards to sensible weather in this area.

In the back of my mind, I'm thinking the euro begins the east cave at 12z

I don't even know that you could really call it a cave...its at the western periphery of the guidance envelop as is, and a tiny change in the interaction of the SWs aloft will lead to dramatic impacts to sensible weather.

There is a huge sensible difference in the 06z GFS and the 12z GFS. Both are "scrapes" from a macro perspective.

Your posts are a bit ridiculous the last couple days.

No, that fact that you can wrap your mind around the concept of a "consensus" is what is a bit ridiculous.

Individual runs have waffled, sure.

Archived