Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Winter/Spring

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's absolutely unbelievable. I'm looking at the radar, the time, my thermometer and It would seem like this could be the biggest forecast bust I've ever seen. Fingers crossed. Snowing heavily now.

I'm not sure I'd call it a bust, per se....really fine line, both temp wise and location wise. Don't be

surprised if we see upgrades soon for some selected counties/elevations.

I'm not sure there will be widespread 5" amounts in Erie and Niagara Counties which is what would be needed to justify a winter weather advisory for snow.

but if they can issue one for Southern Erie county for 3-5" why not Northern Erie/Niagara? I'm almost certain there will be enough 3-5" totals in N Erie and Niagara to justify a WWA if they'll raise one for Southern Erie for the same amounts. In fact I wouldn't be shocked if there are higher totals in the northern half of WNY than the southern half.

Snow is pounding down, winds are gusting out of the NE and we've got about an quarter inch of sleet and and inch and half of pure cement snow, with a couple layers of freezing rain in there too.  My backyard temp absolutely won't budge below 32 though so this event remains on the hairy edge.  A great storm all around though...kind of came out of nowhere, it's been awhile since we've had a nice slow mover like this. 

What a winter!

Pretty awful roads, but around three inches in North Buffalo, and snow is coming down at a decent rate.

I made the mistake of looking at the WIVB weather blog. The trolls are raging tonight. Must be hard for them having been so wrong so much of the time. One of them is now predicting an ice storm tomorrow, I assume to punish snow lovers.

Pretty awful roads, but around three inches in North Buffalo, and snow is coming down at a decent rate.

I made the mistake of looking at the WIVB weather blog. The trolls are raging tonight. Must be hard for them having been so wrong so much of the time. One of them is now predicting an ice storm tomorrow, I assume to punish snow lovers.

11:30 measurement. 4.3 inches- Snowing 1 inch per hour.

001.jpg

Archived