Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
March 11-12th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was going to say the same thing. Looking at the turd maps from PSU...looks like a carbon copy of 12z/9.

It is slightly stronger and about 25-50 miles to the north on the low track. The cold sector has a bit more precip on the northern fringes.

Hopefully we will begin to form a consensus with tonight's 00z runs and the GGEM/EURO don't pull a NAM.

I say end the misery now with all of these erratic shifts.

Well I guess that was wishful thinking.

I still feel pretty confident in my 2-4" call for Detroit with a michsnowfreak bullseye.

T-6" seems like a good range for here, at the moment. 

Going to come down to when we flip, and how much precip is left. Always leery of these situations. But there have been some past good results...and some bad results. Hopefully this is a good one. 

Still a fair amount of spread to the NW on the 0z EURO ensembles.

Would be nice to have the 60 hour map...alas, certainly at 72 hours, still some left leaners. Pretty decent agreement at 48 hours though.

0z Euro ensemble mean 48 and 72 hour maps below.

Schwartz is usually pretty good. But if he posted a graphic from the in house model and stated, " I think this is overdone," which does occur it would not be his forecast. Post his forecast. Still, someone's been mis hyping snow in these parts as waitress serving my bacon and eggs told me to expect 5 inches on Wednesday. Go figure.

Archived