wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March 11-12th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IND looks iffy to me at this point.  I'd rather be north of there for the best stuff.

Yep. Matter of fact, I'd rather be north of here for the best snows. Kinda digging something like a Logansport-Fort Wayne line...maybe 6-8" with potential upside. 

I am enjoying the discussion and conjecture concerning the model discrepancies, and I know it seems cliche, but this morning's long term forecaster at IWX says it best: "WITH WAVE OF INTEREST NOT SET TO COME ONSHORE UNTIL MONDAY...SOLUTIONS WILL CONTINUE TO VARY."

In other words, it will be another 24 hours before the extent of phasing and resultant strength/track will be accurately determined. Until then, it's just a matter of what each model does with limited data.

In the meantime, I like where I sit, far enough north to stay out of a mix and far enough south to not get fringed.

I am enjoying the discussion and conjecture concerning the model discrepancies, and I know it seems cliche, but this morning's long term forecaster at IWX says it best: "WITH WAVE OF INTEREST NOT SET TO COME ONSHORE UNTIL MONDAY...SOLUTIONS WILL CONTINUE TO VARY."

In other words, it will be another 24 hours before the extent of phasing and resultant strength/track will be accurately determined. Until then, it's just a matter of what each model does with limited data.

In the meantime, I like where I sit, far enough north to stay out of a mix and far enough south to not get fringed.

It might be even longer, the piece this system phases with out of Canada won't get into the US until Tuesday.

yes and even over the pacific, it's still being sampled just not by the raob network...i think wait until sampling is the new high is 2 mb stronger.

It is about the density of the sampling, sure there are means of being sampled in the Pacific but nothing even close to the RAOB network in US.

Overall Id say positive trends today. Early yesterday most of the GEFS and the OP of course were showing NO snow here, now I belueve they all show SOME snow.

So despite the back and forth has the overall trend been towards a more northwest solution?

So despite the back and forth has the overall trend been towards a more northwest solution?

Aside from the 18z NAM, the track of the storm and precipitation placement has actually been fairly consistent.

Despite the back and forth, the general LAF-TOL/CLE-PIT/BUF corridor at this point remain ground zero.

Aside from the 18z NAM, the track of the storm and precipitation placement has actually been fairly consistent.

Despite the back and forth, the general LAF-TOL/CLE-PIT/BUF corridor at this point remain ground zero.

There's the answer. Ride the consensus. I had thought it might have been considerably further southeast for awhile, but I could be wrong.

Archived