joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March '14 Obs and General Discussion

WxUSAF

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impressive system for Wednesday/Wednesday night indeed!    The 12z NAM says we don't get out of the 20's on Thursday with ugly wind chills.    20's with sun in March isn't easy to do, but if the 850 temp of -18C or so is correct, 2-m temps below freezing are certainly plausible.

Impressive system for Wednesday/Wednesday night indeed!    The 12z NAM says we don't get out of the 20's on Thursday with ugly wind chills.    20's with sun in March isn't easy to do, but if the 850 temp of -18C or so is correct, 2-m temps below freezing are certainly plausible.

12z GFS seems to agree with 12z NAM... highs around 30 for Thursday

Stupid late-arriving storm...

Wed is tricky still but both nam and GFS mos get DC to 70. We usually get a few hour push of really warm right ahead of the front. It did slow down a good bit.

Wed is tricky still but both nam and GFS mos get DC to 70. We usually get a few hour push of really warm right ahead of the front. It did slow down a good bit.

Well, my rain arriving mid morning and holding highs in the low 50s isnt looking so hot.

68 on my PWS, feels like 75.  Came home early to do some ground balls and play catch with my son as this has been the warmest day in recent memory.  Could not believe that temps in the 60's pushing 70 for 2 days has not destroyed all our snow.  I was sure that it would be gone today.  Hills are bare and bare patches everywhere, but still around 70% coverage, with 100% coverage in our flat area where we do most of our recreation.  Last night there were patches of a foot of snow in the shade but general flat area cover was 6 inches deep.  It's still around 5 inches despite the warmth.  So much for ground balls but at least it is short sleeve weather! :sled::axe:

post-1187-0-00389600-1394570971_thumb.jp

Archived