joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2- 4 Snowstorm Potential

NEG NAO

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trends matter more at this point than any particular solution. We'll have to watch those over the next 2-3 days.

The ensembles seem to agree that this is a monday show and over by monday night…..not prolonged like the gfs. 

The ensemble mean reminds me of February 10th 2014, just colder 

The ensembles seem to agree that this is a monday show and over by monday night…..not prolonged like the gfs. 

The ensemble mean reminds me of February 10th 2014, just colder 

Usually these strung out systems are the models not being able to key in on one wave to deliver the goods. I'd say one harder hitting event is more likely too.

Usually these strung out systems are the models not being able to key in on one wave to deliver the goods. I'd say one harder hitting event is more likely too.

The Euro ensembles have about 30 hrs or so of precip falling. The snow probably isn't all the heavy (verbatim) if it shows about .75" liquid equivalent. This solution would probably end up meaning an accumulation on grass mostly **depending on temps.

From met HM in the mid Atlantic sub forum  (not Henry from Accuweather)

"There's one simple difference that not only affects winter storm outcome early next week but also temperatures in general after...Euro holds pv into western Canada. If that occurs, it will basically taint all of next week for wintry weather."        

The EPS control run is more bullish with 1"+ in a large swath from Trenton into Central Upstate NY including southern and Central New England including the cities of New York, Boston, Springfield, Pittsburgh and Providence.

Snow maps JP areas from NYC proper north to Central New England. Sharp cut off south of I-78. Warning criteria snowfall for all of Upton's CWA. 6" or less for Monmouth County and points south. Far southern NJ 1-2".

Archived