joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2- 4 Snowstorm Potential

NEG NAO

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NW NJ (basically Morris/Sussex/Warren/Passiac countuies) and the interior SE NY posters N of 287 are almost all frozen on the Euro run....obviously their weather can differ from the I-95 crowd and on this run it does. The temps probably don't get out of the 20s the entire storm there.

NW NJ (basically Morris/Sussex/Warren/Passiac countuies) and the interior SE NY posters N of 287 are almost all frozen on the Euro run....obviously their weather can differ from the I-95 crowd and on this run it does. The temps probably don't get out of the 20s the entire storm there.

Thank You! A met finally chiming in, and a respected one at that. That's one of our biggest problems around here.

People only care about where they live, what will happen in their backyard. It's simple, no one will ever be satisfied by the PbP because it doesn't include someone. If you want to know what is going on in Your back yard, why don't you look it up yourself. Yanks does a great job. Posting the Major cities is the right thing to do, not other locations.

The CMC is pretty cold, in fact i think it would probably jackpot areas in central nj, The gradient gets pushed pretty far south in response to the PV placement. A ton of spread on the 12z guidance today.

The snow accumulation map has a 50mm bullseye over Monmouth County of all places on the GGEM. But we all know that any model that bullseyes Monmouth County is bogus. :snowman:

The CMC is pretty cold, in fact i think it would probably jackpot areas in central nj, The gradient gets pushed pretty far south in response to the PV placement. A ton of spread on the 12z guidance today.

I don't know, for being 3.5-4.5 days out for the southern most major model having the all snow/sleet/ice line just S of PHL and the most northern major model having the all snow/sleet/ice line NE PA and NW NJ its a fairly tight spread. Course for some borderline locations it could make a big difference in terms of weather but overall pretty tight agreement. 

The snow accumulation map has a 50mm bullseye over Monmouth County of all places on the GGEM. But we all know that any model that bullseyes Monmouth County is bogus. :snowman:

I would think the euro ensembles come in colder then the op, it seems to be this recent trend as of late. Lots of time with this...

I don't know, for being 3.5-4.5 days out for the southern most major model having the all snow/sleet/ice line just S of PHL and the most northern major model having the all snow/sleet/ice line NE PA and NW NJ its a fairly tight spread. Course for some borderline locations it could make a big difference in terms of weather but overall pretty tight agreement. 

The Gfs idv ensembles had a ton of spread….from nothing-rain-heavy snow. We are going to see changes as we move forward, at least thats what i think 

For Sunday afternoon the 12z ECWMF ensemble mean looks warm at the surface but cold a loft. 850mb freezing line on a W-E line near TTN and surface freezing line starting in the LHV and sinking southward as the heavier snow moves in.

Thanks for the PBP. Describing features in two dimensions is a helpful thing.

Ensembles look great for nyc metro and from ttn north…..warmish for southern nj and philly area...

comparing the 00z ensembles of the euro its a tad warmer for areas south of ttn

so NYC-LI-SWCT and LHV still look great on the ensembles and the OP was too warm. almost in line with the GFS

Archived