joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15 clipper/redeveloper

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS on its own for something that widespread and heavy.

We'll need to see other guidance move at 12z to make it credible. Otherwise it kind ofreminds me of that system a week after the Feb blizzard last year where the GFS kept trying for the full blown blizzard storm for eastern MA and instead it was advisory snows except for the Cape which was heavier.

Euro for now makes the most sense to me and that actually kisses BOS with the CCB. Close call. 20 mile shifts mean a lot.

Ensembles were actually prety good...they might be slightly better than the OP run despite basically identical low placement...since the whole mass field is slightly shifted west it looks like west of the center.

Ensembles were actually prety good...they might be slightly better than the OP run despite basically identical low placement...since the whole mass field is slightly shifted west it looks like west of the center.

Yeah, well it will be nice to get some snow back after losing some last night.

I'm hesitant to buy the gfs on a coastal storm.  But this is northern stream so I guess it does better.  But it was so god awful with yesterday's storm up until the last day or so prior.  If it has support at 12z then I buy it.

That being said...Ihave a 7:10pm flight tomorrow BOS-JFK to connect to an overnight flight to Doha.  I can't miss this flight so I'm going to book Amtrak as back up.  NYC is 1-3 ending by evening according to their zones.

Archived