CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February 12-13 Storm IV, Model Discussion

stormtracker

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those wanting a foot of snow, that dry western edge is, and always has been a concern.  The GFS can't just be dismissed.  And now it appears the RGEM joins that party. If youre happy with a few inches, I'd say you're locked in.  More, you could be disappointed.

Regarding western and central VA, current radar supports this IMO; looks more like a RIC-DCA event

meridian, on 12 Feb 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

Regarding western and central VA, current radar supports this IMO; looks more like a RIC-DCA event

I'm guessing you probably live in RIC. Just wait and let the radar play out. It has only just begun. You can't make a judgment off the current radar just yet. 

I'm guessing you probably live in RIC. Just wait and let the radar play out. It has only just begun. You can't make a judgment off the current radar just yet. 

CHO actually - just interpreting the effect that convection to the southeast is having; understood that it can fill in back to the southwest but it just doesn't look impressive yet [for west central VA that is].

Bob, where'd you get that image....I might use it in a mini post discussing mesoscale banding but need the to give attribution to the vendor and also need a scale for the precip amounts. 

Here's you go. HR 36 panel. Gotta blow it way up though. Maybe snip it and zoom out and snip the scale and piece together?

http://models.weatherbell.com/cmc/2014021212/ne/rgem_precip_mslp_ne_stamp.php

meridian, on 12 Feb 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

CHO actually - just interpreting the effect that convection to the southeast is having; understood that it can fill in back to the southwest but it just doesn't look impressive yet [for west central VA that is].

Precip has already begun to blossom down towards Chattanooga, TN and you can begin to see it pivot. It's coming. Don't worry. 

Archived