• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 12-13 Storm, Part III: Trilogy ends and then Obs thread soon!

stormtracker

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, long time lurker. First time posting. I've noticed that in my 50 years living in Rockville, that the big ones usually mix here. But when the r/s line holds around D.C. That is when I have received my most dynamic storms. Deform usually sets up just west of that mixing line. Just my own observation. Great info on this forum. Thanks.

I guess, I'm just going by what the pros said on the radio show last night...

Yeah.. Yet to see it happen. The models have huge amounts of great satellite data before anything hits shore. They do a pretty great job in places that have no obs.

Sweet.   Think there's a warm layer somewhere?  850's are definitely cold enough, but of course that's not all there is to it.   We are in the NAM's "useful" window now, so...

Eh…based on the maps, maybe right at freezing at 950mb only around 12z.  Above and below 950mb it's below freezing.  With the rates NAM is advertising, that's snow.  

Maybe matt or Wes or somebody can bring up a similar track/strength coastal and having the deform/heaviest axis se of DC. I personally can't remember any. Nam is a big hit regardless. Great run.

I guarantee you if you check soundings, NAM will have a warm layer around 925mb to our south so I'm OK with it just as modeled

Yeah.. Yet to see it happen. The models have huge amounts of great satellite data before anything hits shore. They do a pretty great job in places that have no obs.

I think I agree for the most part.  Wes was saying sats are great, but balloons show a better profile...but I think that matters when three is total chaos maybe....these models had this pegged for a while now and were pretty much on the same page.

Archived