Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been hanging out at 32f here for about 12 hrs straight...Not much has happened to the snowpack,but fear that's gonna change some in the next 36 or so,we'll see I guess...made it thru Wed/Thurs.forecast in the mid-40's,but highest for both was 36... 

I've been above freezing for nearly 24 hours now (sitting at 38 currently) and while slight, there is a noticeable decrease in the snow pack and snow piles.

Looking more and more likely that a major storm will crawl up the coast next weekend. This is not being progged very well on the models but I am all over this threat. Teleconnections are speaking to me and saying WOOF the big dog is coming!

Remember a wednesday storm this week? GFS last couple runs trying to bring this back 

It's down to 33F here so it seems safe to say it's at or below freezing now in most areas north and west of Philly. Very clear night out too, lots of stars visible. Stating the obvious here, but black ice is pretty much a given when temps are below freezing at night and above during the day with a snowpack... which means it will probably be an almost daily occurrence over the next couple of weeks, except for maybe the latter part of next week, if it gets as cold as it appears it might.

Archived