• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

@ thunderbolt the weather data you requested can be found on the following link; it appears as if the wind speed and direction for Langhorne, PA  on 2/24/14 at 11:54 were WNW at 16.1 mph sustained and 25.3 mph gust : http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KPNE/2014/2/24/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Langhorne&req_state=PA&req_statename=Pennsylvania

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Discussion on TV mets in the other thread made me think of this - I don't really watch TV much for weather info, but I do have weatherscan (veriizon/fios) on in the background sometimes on the living room TV. It's weather info and even though the forecasts are from TWC it's info nonetheless (and no commercials). I like the music too. Even though it's the same songs in a loop, somehow they don't get old.

The radar actually looks fairly robust.  I am very curious if any of that is reaching the ground. 

The latest report out of Millville from 9:54am just says 'overcast'.  But it looks like it's coming in waves so I guess it's possible that at that specific time nothing was happening.  But it sure looks like it's more than virga.

Can you take a ride down there and check it out? Inquiring minds need to know.

If I was in New Jersey at the moment, I probably would come up with a trumped up excuse to drive down that way and see what is happening.  :whistle: Unfortunately, I am forced to live vicariously through you folks these days.  lol. 

The latest report out of Millville from 9:54am just says 'overcast'.  But it looks like it's coming in waves so I guess it's possible that at that specific time nothing was happening.  But it sure looks like it's more than virga.

There were no special metars put out between hourly obs which they should have done if any precip was observed. I agree though, sure does look like it's reaching the ground

Archived