Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The second wave that will bring the moisture into our area Wed. wasn't really modeled,was it(well, Kocin saw it this AM)...Anyway the Freezing Rain Adv.'s for the LV/SoPo's is a good call and I believe the icing could extend even further S,maybe even close to some area's that were hard hit earlier...One saving aspect is it might just be,for my lack of a known name 'low ice'...I've only seen it during years when we've had abundant Snowpack+lengthy below avg. temps w/it...Basically I'd look out see there's no or little Frozen in the tree's,wires,etc,but then find a thicker than should be clear layer on driveway's,decks roads,etc,..a tipoff condition that I've seen before when it has occurred is present now...  

309 up this way should be shut down till spring.

road is falling apart.

Right. After this weeks warm up, friday's thunderstorm rain, polar vortex 3.0 next week to refreeze , snowstorm next week and katodogs first week of March "big storm"(lol guess that one eclipses next week) it's over for 309

Allentown road is my emergency route out now

Right. After this weeks warm up, friday's thunderstorm rain, polar vortex 3.0 next week to refreeze , snowstorm next week and katodogs first week of March "big storm"(lol guess that one eclipses next week) it's over for 309

i was stuck on 22 W outside of allentown yesterday for what seemed like ages coming home from Easton...hope Allentown rd is better...

Does Katodog have another storm? I haven't been over there lately with all the weather :lol:.

thats what i took this am 

That road has to be ummm..."fun" when there is any amount of ice or snow.  Bobsled / luge courses have fewer and less dangerous curves.

thats what it was like at 6:30 this morning.

i also made some fresh tracks with my car getting to allentown rd.

would have loved to ski the road instead of driving it.

Archived