• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

One of the plusses of a frozen pre-dawn darkness on a clear night like this is a great nighttime sky. Take a look at Venus, the brilliant morning star in the east right now.  It is so bright that it almost shows a disk (and does, with binoculars).

Thanks for the tip I checked it out just at the break of dawn - very bright.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the plusses of a frozen pre-dawn darkness on a clear night like this is a great nighttime sky. Take a look at Venus, the brilliant morning star in the east right now.  It is so bright that it almost shows a disk (and does, with binoculars).

Yes, I saw it, thanks. Very clear last night. Very chilly too...  5F here now.

When 'All' this stuff(models,etc)started flooding out becoming available to anybody it was and is still very easy to get all wound up/down up/down yo-yoing w/each and every model cycle...I found I was getting my hopes yo-yoed w/them...as of this close to a event I've found a recipe that has worked for me...the best minds w/the best hardware/software are probably employed at the WPC or connecter site w/it...for nearly a week in their discussions they've had this event IN the sights,Even though stating thing's at times that made me realize maybe they didn't even believe it...a couple of the discussions were even by PK,I could even tell by his unique prose,before I saw his sig...Bottom Line: 1st thing up I check the short range,than extended range discussions and for some, even the Heavy Snow one...then look at projected QPF fields and then percentages of X amount of Snow or Fr.Rain falling out to 3 days(and they've even got some new stuff that is user tweakable)...Finally, I look at the LOW plots and Pressures...IF you've been following along it's pretty easy to see if things are trending good or bad for You're spot...IF you want a absolute IMBY,well than pay and pray and suffer/rejoice w/the bad/good...Just thought I'd throw this down before I head to bed,unlike my aforementioned early day's with "too much information,runnin thru my brain,too much information drivin me insane"(From the Police, Synchronicity I believe)...This close in It's watch your fav.Radar,Sat.'s w/WV and such and Try to enjoy the show...Btw were at 4 dgs here w/a light continuos N flow of fresh cold flowing/draining in after -2 last night...  

dude..that's a lot to digest.  (for 1 post)

coffee at midnight? 

-3 now with the sun out.  

I just wanted to mention, I'm insanely jealous of you all ;)  Before this storm even begins, we've had a quarter of the snow PHL has had, and we average about DOUBLE what PHL averages.

I seriously cannot believe i am stuck here in Houston while this storm is happening! It isn't even warm down here!!!

Anyone else noticing that locations are no longer under member icons? Just noticed so when I do OBS I don't think that I need to place my location in the thread and when reading sometimes not sure where the location is as well. Although have an idea of many players on the site...

De-activated in storm mode, to help save the servers. 

I just wanted to mention, I'm insanely jealous of you all ;)  Before this storm even begins, we've had a quarter of the snow PHL has had, and we average about DOUBLE what PHL averages.

My sympathies.  I spent 31 years on the West Coast, and missed all of those great winters.  1976-77, 77-78. 93-94, 95-96, to name some.  Came back right after the Dec. 2003 storm.  

You will be back for winter soon enough.  Meanwhile, I have up to 4' of snowblow off the roof onto my little deck.    I think that I will just let it melt, come spring.

Archived