CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February 12-13 Storm: Title TBD

stormtracker

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I hear ya. Though I feel a bit better this is advertised 3.5ish days out versus 6-7 like we're used to.

Well fortunately we don't need a low anywhere near that deep for a good hit. But it makes it all a little suspect.

Congrats from a se VA guy... you guys deserve a good snow storm this winter. Looks like I'll be seeing rain this time around. I'm not one of the southside guys that got the 10 inches from the last storm so this has been kind of depressing. Two storms with 4 inches each time for me, but I'm trying not to complain!

Until they did the upgarde last year it was horrible, since i think it is good but people still make fun of it.

I think it's better than it was but not necessarily great. Then again no models have been fantastic this winter. 

Any model that advertises a low that almost never happens should be a little salty though.

Apologies for the newbie question:  what's so bad about the GGEM?  Looking at model performance stats, it often seems to perform about as well as the GFS.  For example:

acz_wave120_NH500mb_day5.png

Does it really perform so poorly in practice?

It's gotten better after it's upgrade, but it's still not in the top tier (euro, gfs).  I mean, it frequently pops a white hurricane in winter to never verify.

good to see Amwx is its usual self...performs optimally when it is 55 and sunny, and when you actually need it to be its best it SQL's constantly

To be fair there are 1,650 people online and the donation drive has been on for a month and we are still 2,000 short, pretty embarassing.

To be fair there are 1,650 people online and the donation drive has been on for a month and we are still 2,000 short, pretty embarassing.

You never know what someone's personal business is or what financial position they may be in, but common what's a few bucks from some that spend almost their entire existence on this board. Yes embarrassing.

You never know what someone's personal business is or what financial position they may be in, but common what's a few bucks from some that spend almost their entire existence on this board. Yes embarrassing.

It is what it is.  We don't try to browbeat members into giving money.  Times are hard.  There will always be slackers and there will always be the folks who constantly give to cover the folks who can't or won't give.  THis community is pretty giving overall.  We'll close the gap, just may take some time.

Archived