• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Mary M
    Newest Member
    Mary M
WeatherFox

February 3, 2014 Snowstorm Observations

So much for concerns for warm ground, snow is falling moderately but already sticking to all surfaces including the street and that's a well travelled two way street.

Everything, including trees, coated in the Bronx.  Haven't been outside but I'm sure it is upwards of an inch so far.  Streets covered.

What is the ending time for this today?

Thick coating of snow in Central Suffolk. School is cancelled in the area as of 20min ago. Roads are bad. I think highways are still ok from what I heard. Very slushy wet snow. 34 degrees.

You can see why the models had such a huge cutoff on the northern end..obvious subsidence to the north of the best lift from Central NJ toward NYC and the S Shore.

You can see why the models had such a huge cutoff on the northern end..obvious subsidence to the north of the best lift from Central NJ toward NYC and the S Shore.

Radar looks amazing for central nj, coming down like gangbusters and already up to an inch. 

Yep. Even looks like that latest RAP is way off north and west of rt 80 and rt287

Looks like CNJ-NYC and S shore of LI may be the jackpot spots for this storm. From my radar scope it looks like an endless train of 30-35dbz john

Looks like CNJ-NYC and S shore of LI may be the jackpot spots for this storm. From my radar scope it looks like an endless train of 30-35dbz john

That's what it looked like for some time now.

Also, snow falling heavily in Long Beach. We might have lost a little precip as rain, but not much.