Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Monday snow event discussion/observations Feb. 3

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This just seemed stubborn to me, there was about 100% model support.

It apparently caught many of the local dpws totally off guard as they are just now getting out onto the roads.

I totally agree.  As it is now, our school system is going to release kids at the end of the school day onto buses right into the heaviest snow, based on upstream radar.  I'm even contemplating going to pick my kids up.  Hopefully nobody gets hurt this afternoon.  We had enough notice on this storm.  It was poor job on this one--plain and simple!

They just updated the map in the last 10min.  lol.

4-6 around the air base is reasonable.  They had 3" when I was over there not long ago.  HRRR IMO wasn't great up here and is probably still pushing good snows too far north, RAP was probably better and does show another nice pulse moving through. That would be the flank of heavier returns moving up south of Block...will be close to whether they clip me or run over the Cape.

nice event.

I totally agree. As it is now, our school system is going to release kids at the end of the school day onto buses right into the heaviest snow, based on upstream radar. I'm even contemplating going to pick my kids up. Hopefully nobody gets hurt this afternoon. We had enough notice on this storm. It was poor job on this one--plain and simple!

Like I said I don't understand the stubborn nature on this one. It took the decision out of the hands of planners and parents. A blanket 1-3 or 2-4 was all that was needed. Better tto adjust down an inch than have to adjust up by 4-6x in some cases.

Archived