• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February 8-12 East Coast Storm Potential

REDMK6GLI

You said Mondays our best shot , so I said nice call .

I was arguing and hoping the NAM was right , but I admit was concerned after seeing the 0z GFS .  ha

lol i hope I get props for the Monday storm I was the first one calling it at 8am yesterday when no model was showing it

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am not worried about the 8th storm yet, but the 4-5 storm does not look good at all

If there is a decent support to indicate that the GFS is wrong already at just 72 hrs out, then why take anything it shows verbatim after that as anything more than a solution within a large range of possible ones?

We're going into a different pattern now, with more southern stream systems over northern stream so the gfs could be far less effective in these matters over the Euro. The +NAO for example would support the euro depiction for Monday over the gfs, which could be playiing catchup to the Euro this time.

Just posted something similar to the EURO being more in its wheel house with southern stream systems over the GFS. We all know the EURO has been a paper weight this season with its performance but i feel its in its comfort zone with southern stream systems overall

The focus should be on Monday , There are 2 systems before this one to deal with . Lot of ensemble support for this to the BM .

So nothing has changed in my mind , but Monday 1st for me .

Monday looks to drop a few inches as of now for coastal NJ ( yes monmouth county again ) and LI. Anything more would be a bonus for me, just interested in how the mid week storm will positively affect the weekend storm as well

I see this going one of three ways. The first scenario follows the 12z ECMWF. Good blocking locks in the arctic high and forces redevelopment. Second option is the high slides east and the system cuts. Third option is the energy slides under the ridge. Big hit for the SE states, suppression city up here.

I see this going one of three ways. The first scenario follows the 12z ECMWF. Good blocking locks in the arctic high and forces redevelopment. Second option is the high slides east and the system cuts. Third option is the energy slides under the ridge. Big hit for the SE states, suppression city up here.

Well thank you captain obvious your input is greatly appreciated what would we do without you :P;). You gotta admit though this threat has been pretty consistent and just have to hope that 50/50 from the wednesday storm and higher hieghts towards greenland materializes to help get this storm up the coast and to not be suppressed. I even as an amatuer doubts this would cut but it is an option. IMO either going to miss south or hits us a la a PDII redux

Archived