• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
A look ahead at the Feb 3-10 Period - Technical Discussion (Updated to Feb 15th)

ORH_wxman

And then there was the 06z gfs to squash all concerns lol.

My concerns were lessened a bit to see that the Euro mean was nw of the operational and looked as if it was just southeast of the benchmark.

Funny how we are talking about a storm that is 6 days away when we have a system coming tomorrow that will bring 12" of snow for some.

talking winter is great

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good God what on Earth? LOL.

Not unheard of but a strange setup. February 14, 1962 had that setup more or less.

Regardless, not much to say about it other than its in the envelope of solutions...though from a mesoscale aspect that one was kind of strange.

Not unheard of but a strange setup. February 14, 1962 had that setup more or less.

Regardless, not much to say about it other than its in the envelope of solutions...though from a mesoscale aspect that one was kind of strange.

Yeah was just amusing to look at. Pretty dynamic bomb.

lol I was waiting for this solution to show up. 1) because some of the ensemble members pointed to it, but it was only a matter of time before the GFS said, "hey I wonder what happens if I try dropping this trough in early?" and commence sloppy phase before the southern vort can actually get consolidated.

Its a "we want more" world.

But tomorrows event is a lock, its just the suicidal weenies who are biting their nails over an all snow solution vs 90% SN. Its a highly delicate situation.

I like cool aspects of this potential bomb. Lots of moving pieces and a good one to learn from, no matter the outcome.

One thing I love and that is having a snowstorm and knowing more potentials lined up right behind it.  Much better than having a snow event and then seeing a torching right after. 

Archived