Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
February 4th-6th Overunning & Possible Coastal Threat

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trend is good / better this run.

It went from suppressed to it almost cutting, which just tells me the models are like a roller coaster. I would have strongly preferred the models showing a suppressed system in this time frame as it's never a good thing when we're very marginal over a week out since models tend to trend further N&W over time with a +NAO. 

Hour 186 it pulls away. About a 24 hour event. 1-2" QPF. Snow maps have 12-15" for all of NNJ, most of PA and the lower tier of NY upstate. Less south and east. If not for the warming of the mid-levels it would have been more like 20-30" of snow IMO. It was like a slightly less outrageous version of the GGEM.

Hour 186 it pulls away. About a 24 hour event. 1-2" QPF. Snow maps have 12-15" for all of NNJ, most of PA and the lower tier of NY upstate. Less south and east. If not for the warming of the mid-levels it would have been more like 20-30" of snow IMO.

This is gonna be a major producer for someone... Most monsters are modeled out 8+ days. The wavering is a given its just nice to see it still on the maps this far out consistently 

This is a 50" storm easily, actually, I'm going to avoid this website until Monday, I can't handle the the mood swings these models put me through. Wish me luck, it'll be like quitting heroin.

From your lips to God's ears. :rolleyes:

I have a feeling lots and lots of posts are going to be deleted and posters getting suspended as the event nears.

Archived