CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February 4th-6th Overunning & Possible Coastal Threat

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I read somewhere that the biggest fear with this storn is suppression? So what gives with the cutter this run? Gfs bias at play?

It may be holding onto the primary too long like it does often before shearing it out or developing a coastal (though a coastal is not really at play in this scenario), but with a -PNA and no real blocking in the Atlantic there's little to stop some cutting from happening. We have to hope the -EPO really flexes it's muscles again to mute the other unfavorable indices. The positioning/orientation of the Polar Vortex is very important as well just as earthlight has been screaming about for the last day or so lol.

A  lot of people have written about this , If this is weak , it will come under , if it deepens and the trough 

goes NEG it has to cut .

1 OP run isn`t an issue , if you have ensemble support I  would turn there 7 days out . 

The bias for the GFS is to shear out the storms, not cutters.

Euro and GFS are way different. Euro shears out this storm.

We don't want an amplified, phased storm. That is very likely to be rain or slop for most of us if we're not going to have a good NAO. We want a strung out system that stays separate from the PV, and is suppressed somewhat by it. Cutter is still definitely an option.

We don't want an amplified, phased storm. That is very likely to be rain or slop for most of us if we're not going to have a good NAO. We want a strung out system that stays separate from the PV, and is suppressed somewhat by it. Cutter is still definitely an option.

Both options are on the table. Agree with an unphased storm. Now if we had a -NAO block, that would have been another story.

I think a cutter is still the most likely option except it would cut further east instead of over the lakes because of where it's originating and the PV.

Remember a few days back when we were talking about 2 storms in the 1/30-2/2 period?...lots can still happen from rain to blizzard to drizzle to partly sunny

I hear ya.  I'm just saying that it seems wherever it goes (cutter, suppressed, or coastal), there's a ton of moisture to work with...

GEFS are still pretty good...a few amped members but the overwhelming majority of them now have the surface low centered over the Southeast Tennessee Valley at 156 hours. The OP is definitely leaning left and amped of the consensus. That being said, they have trended warmer and more amplified since yesterday.

Archived