• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
February 4th-6th Overunning & Possible Coastal Threat

IsentropicLift

GEFS are still pretty good...a few amped members but the overwhelming majority of them now have the surface low centered over the Southeast Tennessee Valley at 156 hours. The OP is definitely leaning left and amped of the consensus. That being said, they have trended warmer and more amplified since yesterday.

The mean still tracks the low from the Carolinas to the benchmark. And they make this more of a Tuesday into Wed event.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Canadian is still pretty nuts...has the PV pressing down while the SE ridge amps up and creates this huge baroclinic event. A hair more confluence and it'd be the biggest snow we've seen here in a while. Very strong primary low and eventually very strong secondary as well.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/CMC_12z/f174.gif

Play by play 7 days out?  You guys are going to drive yourselves nuts, lol. 

As an aside, what I would find really interesting is verification scores on the major models with major snowstorms.  We all know the Euro, overall, has generally a bit better verification scores, but I wonder if that advantage holds for snowstorms (on the flip side, I guess one might also want to know how many phantom snowstorms a model erroneously predicts).  Has anyone published such an analysis? 

Crazy Canadian never fails...although it's warming the 850mb level in reality what it is showing is huge snow bomb for much of the area..the 925mb low closes off south of Long Island. And there's your overrunning to baroclinic zone to coastal low weather fantasy of the day.

The Canadian is actually following the ensemble means fairly well.

A  lot of people have written about this , If this is weak , it will come under , if it deepens and the trough 

goes NEG it has to cut .

1 OP run isn`t an issue , if you have ensemble support I  would turn there 7 days out . 

Yeah, the GEFS are still cold.

Taken as is, the canadian is 3-6" of snow for much of the NJ/NYC area including Long Island, and 12-18" well NW including Sussex county, to most of southern New England including boston

GGEM is 4"-6" of snow for NYC and then .75" of precip as sleet.

Archived