joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/28-2/1: Multiple winter storm threats per models

GaWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been wanting to do this for days, and finally got up the courage :)  Still think it ends up north of there.  Climo says no to record ice in Fla, at least I've not seen it...but then climo said no snow for Christmas here too, a few years back.  This looks like another hit for Macon with a sharp cutoff on the north side as of now.  T

If it goes negative closer to TX, any storm should ride the artic front boundary along the gulf coast and up the east coast. 

What a turn of events here that thing digs anymore west and that baja vort ends up being more north than pegged currently and I am gonna be like a kid at Christmas need it to go negative quick tho to get it up the coast and not shoot it due east .

It really didn't look that close to a phase to me. On the GFS if that energy that treks it's way through Mexico can hold together and turn negative. It will go BOOM. 

HR 60 it was close and was trying hard but the vort was closed, if it's opened up, a touch north or the NS digs a tad more it would been interesting.

Complicated mess this is. The gfs is actually more progressive with the southern stream while the nam is further west with the northern stream. Could be a case where the gfs is too fast/dominate with the northern stream. Not there yet but certainly a good trend in the right direction for those in the north. If only we can keep it going over the next few runs.

GFS was encouraging to see. Now we have to see if we can get the trend northward in the moisture to give the mountains, foothills and piedmont areas snow. I am glad to see the this trend tonight, and it makes the rest of the model runs very important.

The models do not handle phasing very well, so lets see what happens as we move forward. I am not ready to write this one off yet.

Archived