CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
1/21/14 Snowstorm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though the radar is mildly concerning currently with the orientation, I would assume later the pivot will come into play and shift the band northward....

Everything is on target so far. As Earthlight stated, there will be a time, roughly until 2pm, where the snow doesn't really make anorthward advancement. But after that time suddenly everything should start pushing north as the coastal takes over and moves NNE.

Even though the radar is mildly concerning currently with the orientation, I would assume later the pivot will come into play and shift the band northward....

The good thing is it's been fairly steady to moderate the whole time even without the heavier bands and really it was just supposed to be getting under way now. 6" seems like a safe bet even without the heavy bands. The SPC discussion does say very slow progression of the band so it has to move at some point. Just does it shift north/Northwest or just expand Northeastward.

Hey neighbor(didn't realize you moved here). A steady light snow here, with visibilities ext. between 1/2 to 1.

I am around Bay Ridge Parkway, and it is snowing pretty heavily....the heavy band is just kissing the South Shore of Brooklyn a bit to our east.

I moved here back in September, great area, teaching at a school on 4th Avenue, love it. 

Archived