Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
OBS for 1/21 Coastal storm- The king of NW trends

Mitchell Gaines

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18 is pushing it...I think 14-15 will be the highest we see, but hey, we'll see. 

You are right.  I was thinking in terms of somebody who has already gotten the very top end of what the death band dished out (say in the 8"-10" range, which it seems like a few spots close on either side of the Delaware River got) and then also gets in the sweet spot when this thing starts pivoting.  Even so, yeah, I was probably a bit overzealous to call for 18".

so much for the great ratios oh wells

ch 6 reporter in qtown just said since noon hour after hour of consistent heavy snow-ummm no

I believe the next couple hours through the end of snow are supposed to be higher ratio, and I haven't seen anything past moderate snow here all day which is kind of disappointing!  But I am enjoying the snow anyway and it looks like we will have a solid 6-8" event in my backyard when all is said and done. 

pushed above the 5 inch mark here in belle mead...thinking we get close to 8 when all is said and done, a tad more than 1/2

very interested to see the ratios, because the NYC forum was talking like 20-25-1 ratios were definite rather than "possible"

Its the NYC forum.

Thanks for the corrob svh19044

Maybe its highly localized... maybe its too much board clearing... maybe its measuring in drifts... but when I've told people what the reports said they got in their town, the response has been "It doesn't look like that much".

No need to get testy, you're too good a guy to be disillusioned by those who know to see only the perceived bad, not good. There is plenty right with this storm, which not accounting for KPHL, has left a solid protected LEVEL measurement of 8" , here about 20 blocks, or 2 miles from the Delaware River, overlooking Rittenhouse Square.

I read every NOAA product issued for this "end game", and the Delaware River, not generic I-95 corridor , was specifically the hot zone of a deformation zone, which demarcates the heaviest precipitation axis from Va, to Md, to Pa, NYC metro, & then SERN New England.

Bitter cold to follow. If you're a fan of severe events, don't miss the fact this is one.

Sorry for what you may have missed Ray, but I know you can still enjoy what you have.

Cheers,

Mike

Difficult to measure with the wind and not having an ideal measuring locations nearby, however measuring in the most open area around, an even 10" looks reasonable here in Drexel Hill. A foot is a sure bet at this point I'd say thanks to that band earlier today.

Fellow Drexel Hill guy ehh?!! Whippin pretty good down here. That death band was epic earlier.

Temp down to 19*, mod snow here in the hill.

You south jersey shore folks incoming. This is your part of the storm for the next several hours. I really like what I see on the Dover radar moving north and east for you snow starved people by the shore.

Thanks for the update buddy!  I for one am ready after being teased so relentlessly all day!

Archived