joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS for 1/21 Coastal storm- The king of NW trends

Mitchell Gaines

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm tipping my hat to the guy who started this thread and was on top of this event as soon as it started to look like more than flurries.

Nice job Mitchell Gaines!

+1

This one almost came out of nowhere relatively speaking. Unlike the 240-384 hour fantasy storms this one first appeared on Sunday and got better each  run from there

Monmouth county just continuing to crush it. The number of 10"+ storms at my parents house since March 1st 2009 is up to 9

Looks like we'll have a few more shots coming up too! :popcorn: Hopefully those who got shafted from this storm can reap the benefits from one of these next storms in the next 10 days! Nothing better than a widespread storm.  (hint hint HM HM) ha ha ha

Monmouth county just continuing to crush it. The number of 10"+ storms at my parents house since March 1st 2009 is up to 9

It absolutely is unreal here in Monmouth the way the entire winters have favored storms down here. Moving to NEPA was the kiss of death for my snow since 2007 when time and time again my moms house would get crushed over and over and we would get flurries. Now

I'm fighting for a job that would allow me to move back to the shore permanently. Enough with central and NEPA and its boring weather.

We likely cracked 10-11 here in wall after the late night snows held on, just estimating by what I shoveled after my last 9.5 measurement at around midnight last night. Measuring now is futile as it's been blown around all morning.

Wooo hooo    Mitchell makes my local paper............ :thumbsup:

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com/news/crime/expect-slippery-conditions-on-the-way-to-work/article_a6328369-28b0-56b8-86e0-a25a9be28518.html

Meanwhile, in terms of big winter systems, the Philadelphia area is weathering its third storm with 6 or more inches of snow before the end of January, which is a first, National Weather Service meteorologist Mitchell Gaines said.

And remember that February is historically the snowiest month.

The combination of an arctic frontal cold boundary and an area of low pressure means the Philadelphia region can expect intense snow — moderate to heavy — Tuesday afternoon into the evening, Gaines said. How intense? Expect an inch an hour.

Coupled with winds picking up on the backside with gusts between 20 and 30 mph and wind chills below zero Tuesday night, the heavy snow will likely make for a winter travel nightmare, traffic officials said.

The Bucks County area can expect to gain 4 to 8 inches of snow through the system and the totals could be closer to 10 inches in towns closer to Philadelphia, Gaines said. This winter still ranks below the ones in 2009 and 2010 into 2011 for snow totals, Gaines said.

Archived