12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
OBS for 1/21 Coastal storm- The king of NW trends

Mitchell Gaines

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best snow of the storm in North Wales. About 7 inches so far.

What a glorious storm. Several days ago, for me in Montgomery County, it was chance of snow showers and light snow.

Then yesterday in the morning it was 3-6 South of the city and 1-3 north and west. All day the amounts went up and here we are today in a major storm.

This is what’s makes weather fun. It’s tough to predict. Neighbors have been out shoveling and now we are getting together around the fireplace to toast for a little bit.

7pm.in Cape May and I measured 0.3". Yes that's 3/10's of an inch. Still a Winter Storm Warning in effect too. I'll believe it when I measure it!

not going to happen, everytime we get something coming up from the south it just falls apart...be lucky to make low end warning criteria (4") the models did show this with the best forcing to the north and west (which is quite obvious lol) but even they were off...Never got into the lift and coastal taking shape too late (for us it seems) subsidence at it's best but didn't think it would be this bad...oh well, pattern is still favorable later down the road...Just hate wasting an ideal situation when the temps were great, it is weather though :lmao:

I understand the frustration from some of my fellow SE NJ folks, but there is still a lot of possibilities and time to go with this thing for us.  Plenty of healthy returns still to the SE, and all it takes is an hour or two under a good band to make a storm. 

Edit:

I moved up here from Memphis, TN last year.  You guys would not survive the heartbreaks winter brings down that way. :)

Archived