• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/21 Redeveloping Clipper Storm

DDweatherman

Looked at all 6z stuff and all systems go. Should be .4-6 for pretty much all of us with .35 worst case.

Gfs is too broad and juiced imho. High res stuff hints at 2 precip maxes. N md as the overall highest as expected but another heavier stripe somewhere south and prob east of 95 but hard to say. Banding placement is still tbd.

I think the vort placement is still the same. Has it shifted north? I don't see it

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is it about the mason dixon line always getting the good stuff first?

don't worry....it'll shift south as the slp develops in NC and then moves off the coast

you can see it if you run the "loop all" on the RAP precip

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/model-guidance-model-parameter.php?group=Model%20Guidance&model=rap&area=namer&cycle=20140121%2010%20UTC&param=precip_p01&fourpan=no&imageSize=M

I will say..Radar dreams here..but the GFS is the only model that looked to get significant precip into ROA this early in the game. It looks like they have a big band right on their doorstep. Might be good for us downstream.

Definitely beginning to develop just to my west. Hopefully this thing overperforms down here.

I dont comprehend why the latest AFD out of LWX insists that northern Virginia will get 6 to 10 inches of snow. 

I've seen the latest model runs. It is obvious that the heaviest snows are farther north, if not in Pennsylvania, then in northern Maryland.

Maybe the mets at the NWS are asleep.

When I wake up in about 6 hours I expect to see cloudy skies with a winter weather advisory - or no advisory at all - with an inch of snow expected for my back yard. Someone really needs to politely enlighten these renowned NWS mets about the latest model runs. It's farther north. We're not getting 6 to 10 inches in N VA. Pennsylvania and N MD will.

I'm not knocking the mets, I respect them, but the models are farther north which means we will be spared all the heavy snow, I can work out this afternoon and Baltimore can spin their tires instead of northern Virginians.

Both the NWS site and my phone's weather center are all honking about heavy snow for N VA. I don't get it, I've seen the model runs. North trend wins, if I am lucky enough to get a dusting, I'll be happy. Just give me my Arctic air.

Textbook case of model hugging

Archived