• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
1/21 Redeveloping Clipper Storm

DDweatherman

If you put them side by side you might laugh a little at the discussion here the last 10 min.  But such is life when dictated by 0.10" liquid.

it is north and the driest model and it is 40 degrees...we will still get snow...and perhaps a lot, but there should be caution against this general idea that we would be getting +SN and 23 degrees at 8am...I could easily see this being a 2-4" event for DC proper

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so 12z guidance for DC

NAM - 0.47"

GFS - 0.41"

Euro - 0.46"

RGEM - ~0.45"

UKIE - ~0.45"

GGEM - ~0.40"

euro dropped .04 zwyts for DCA. It was really wet at 12z and bone dry at 00z:)

I'm more concerned about north and temps..Potomac Mills has like 0.04"

it is north and the driest model and it is 40 degrees...we will still get snow...and perhaps a lot, but there should be caution against this general idea that we would be getting +SN and 23 degrees at 8am...I could easily see this being a 2-4" event for DC proper

Hey just remember you said the brief downsloping high wasn't concerning earlier haha. I can see this "busting" for us with no problem. If if does I will probably stick to svr forecasting going forward.

2-4 would be my call.  i see no reason after the last few years to predict much more than that from a redeveloping clipper with very little if any GOM influence.  that said, 2-4 and breaking the streak would still be a win.

This isn't one of those deals where temps hover between 31.5 and 33.7 for the duration, with mediocre 850s. Temps will crash through the day, and 850s are of no concern whatsoever.

Rolling out the fainting couchs over temps is a bit much IMO. If the QPF and vort track holds from the 0z suite, losing an hour or two to temps on the front end will end up as no BFD.

people got angry at me too on 1/22/05, 12/26/10, 3/6/13 and 12/10/13....screw "optimism"...optimism has gotten me 0.75" total in my last 2 warned events.

Optimism here is a .7 foot deep dump.

.4+ for all is realistic and has been for a lot of runs. Temps might be scary but they won't last long with this setup. No comparison to boxing day and last march. Much different animal here.

Hey just remember you said the brief downsloping high wasn't concerning earlier haha. I can see this "busting" for us with no problem. If if does I will probably stick to svr forecasting going forward.

i was being willfully ignorant

I don't like the northern trends via the ECMWF either...especially when supported by BOTH the RAP and parallel RAP trends, which have also been trending farther north with the .50" axis going from the 03Z-04Z-05Z runs. DCA is now closer to the .25" contour than .50" contour. 

I don't like the northern trends via the ECMWF either...especially when supported by BOTH the RAP and parallel RAP trends, which have also been trending farther north with the .50" axis going from the 03Z-04Z-05Z runs. DCA is now closer to the .25" contour than .50" contour. 

North trend almost always wins. When I seen post of people saying Richmond was going to get a lot of snow yesterday, I was like that never happens... it will come north. 

Archived