northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 18-19th "Threat"

jamesnichols1989

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's some half decent omega in the column and we've got saturation into the snow growth region (which isn't that high up thanks to the very steep lapse rates). I could def see a surprise.

Could be some fun weenie driving in N ORH hills if this works out. I remember the inverted trough last Feb 24th was really quirky....I got 8 inches of snow while literally 15-20 miles southwest of me got almost nothing.

I wouldn't totally sleep on NE MA in this either...this has interior Essex county, NE Middlesex county "lurking in the weeds" look to it.

Yeah I agree about NE MA too. It wouldn't take

Much to wetbulb them to 32 and they woul be in a climatological location which is favorable for these. It's not like we have a 25kt SE wind torching the boundary layer. Good omega probably would compensate.

Nice aggregates piling up on the leggings.

Even the Euro sort of hinted at this.

Wouldn't be shocked to see some of those areas like LWM back down to Tewksbury and then back west to like Tyngsborough put advisory amounts with nickles and quarters falling for several hours tomorrow morning. Definitely some bust potential there.

Wouldn't be shocked to see some of those areas like LWM back down to Tewksbury and then back west to like Tyngsborough put advisory amounts with nickles and quarters falling for several hours tomorrow morning. Definitely some bust potential there.

I think my workplace has a good shot for that. The one time it would be fun to be at work on a Saturday lol. We'll see what the euro does.

This is the antithesis of 2010.

Ne MA winter.

I hate these small events, because they never pan out for the Cape Cod area.  I guess we have to see if models come back with the 21-22nd event or not, right now its just too darn progressive even with a +PNA, there are signs we might have something around hour 144+, a single disturbance with cold air rooted in place.  Still speculative given the amount of time, but there are signs the last round of disturbances could bring the big one.

I hate these small events, because they never pan out for the Cape Cod area.  I guess we have to see if models come back with the 21-22nd event or not, right now its just too darn progressive even with a +PNA, there are signs we might have something around hour 144+, a single disturbance with cold air rooted in place.  Still speculative given the amount of time, but there are signs the last round of disturbances could bring the big one.

Such is the dilemma of living on a spit of land sticking into the Atlantic.  Feast or famine.

I don't get the big roaring wind events that you guys get

Euro is south of the GFS for tomorrow morning and then shifts it towards ectrl NH and SW ME after 18z. Too bad it's a bit toasty here, but it's close.

Yeah that's nice looking. That's pretty good for like Rays area over to ORH hills and up into S NH. It did cool from the 00z run. BOS is at freezing at 12z tomorrow, so there could be at least flakes in the air right into the city...at least early on in the morning.

Even Kevin prob gets an inch in the morning.

Archived