northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 18-19th "Threat"

jamesnichols1989

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even BDL at 12z Saturday is probably snow. Ouch.... that would be a bust. 

Yeah Kevin would probably have some snow.  I mean it's a weak system, dews a low and it will cool at night...it's not like there is a 30kt LLJ screaming in to torch the interior. It will warm just aloft, but bust potential to be sure.

Yeah Kevin would probably have some snow.  I mean it's a weak system, dews a low and it will cool at night...it's not like there is a 30kt LLJ screaming in to torch the interior. It will warm just aloft, but bust potential to be sure.

Yeah ugh - I'm all for the snow but could do without 2" of paste in the valley since I'm working this evening lol. 

Yeah ugh - I'm all for the snow but could do without 2" of paste in the valley since I'm working this evening lol.

It's a tough call because what if it's one of those deals where it doesn't get its act together until it reaches nrn CT? Then it's catpaws for you maybe a coating for Kevin...etc. GFS certainly put you guys on the alert though.

It's a tough call because what if it's one of those deals where it doesn't get its act together until it reaches nrn CT? Then it's catpaws for you maybe a coating for Kevin...etc. GFS certainly put you guys on the alert though.

I actually like the SE flow and some heavier snow in NW CT and Berks given the instability. 

Yeah certainly a good look there. Just feels like this has a surprise on the positive side here for inland areas especially to the north but even CT too.

I'm guessing the GFS is overdone... but both GFS and NAM spike like 100 j/kg of CAPE in the low levels so that could have some tricks up its sleeve. 

Hopefully he doesn't have to add a chapter into the "Tolland Horrors of Winter" chronicles...behind Dec 20, 2007 norlun, MLK storm 2010, Feb 24, 2013 inverted trough if Ray or ORH gets 4-5" of large aggregate paste and its cat paws or slushy coating in Tolland with 36F sunshine poking out of the clouds in the afternoon.

I know he is toast on the season.

I'm hoping I tack onto my lead over ORH...been since '08-'09 that I've finished first in the weenie division.

Archived