• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 4th-6th Major Winter Storm Part 4

andyhb

Up to 9" on the west side of Muncie, still coming down pretty good.  Looks like we might get another inch or two out of what is left.

Here's another picture showing how sticky the snow was earlier today.  That's accumulation building up all around the twigs.  Never seen it like this before.

1187107_10153711985875305_1695474233_n.j

And another one:

1526187_10153711986005305_167774889_n.jp

I was at 8.5 to 10.5 back around 430pm....northern part of Delaware county

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12-14" for Alek...

0557 PM HEAVY SNOW CHICAGO 41.88N 87.63W

01/05/2014 M13.5 INCH COOK IL PUBLIC

STORM TOTAL 13.5 INCHES IN MORGAN PARK NEIGHBORHOOD.

0329 PM SNOW 1 E LINCOLNWOOD 42.01N 87.71W

01/05/2014 M13.5 INCH COOK IL COCORAHS

STORM TOTAL SINCE SATURDAY.

0621 PM HEAVY SNOW 1 SE CHICAGO 41.87N 87.62W

01/05/2014 E12.0 INCH COOK IL NWS EMPLOYEE

whoa cool. goin deep

nailed....

In terms of GHD vs. PVB ... I gotta roll with GHD...that sucker was so well sampled by pac flights (which have ceased for some reason) that for almost a week we just got to sit back and watch the different lollipop numbers....and then after the tracking for 10 days the storm lived up to all the hype IMBY...a "take your breathe away" storm...  This winter, though, is starting to go down as one of the more memorable ones....There may have only been 2 or 3 days when there wasn't something to track either medium range or short range

PVB has proven to be quite the system though...impressed by the blowing and drifting that I thought might be difficult to come by due to the wetter nature of the snow...numerous large drifts all around my home...sides of the driveway are stacked 4+ feet high with snow....arctic air piling in behind/with the system...definitely one I will remember for a long time. I probably ended up somewhere in the 10 to 12 inch range (maybe more? still snowing)....too tough to measure here anymore...

good tracking....good storm....cheers

Nice perspective. Thanks for sharing.  Cheers!

How much more snow will SEMI be getting through the rest of the night? Already 14" here.

I hope not more than another 6" because it's just ripping like mad here right now, and a peek at the radar tells me it's gonna hang out around here for at least a few more hours. This is insane! What a mess of phenomenal proportions! 

I-69 West is drifted closed in Swartz Creek. Trucks are parked like cordwood at the ITT Tech parking lot, waiting for it to reopen.

And I hear some reports of people losing power around the area, which is the LAST thing we need to deal with during this Arctic outbreak.

I-65 has been closed between Gary and Lafayette.

Not shocked at all.

While it stayed rain here in Olney until 930 this morning we ended up with 6 to 9 inches, hard to tell with the wind. Roads are closed in Richland, Jasper and Effingham counties tonight as the wind continues to crank. This will be by far are biggest storm as far as impact in several years.

Very nice...glad to hear it (about the snow). :)

I hope not more than another 6" because it's just ripping like mad here right now, and a peek at the radar tells me it's gonna hang out around here for at least a few more hours. This is insane! What a mess of phenomenal proportions!

I-69 West is drifted closed in Swartz Creek. Trucks are parked like cordwood at the ITT Tech parking lot, waiting for it to reopen.

And I hear some reports of people losing power around the area, which is the LAST thing we need to deal with during this Arctic outbreak.

Lights flickered here several times this afternoon as the wind started cranking it was a little unnerving to say the least.

Rip City v2.0 is looking pretty solid. Apparently TSSN has been reported around Toledo the last hour or so. Should be interesting to see what KTOL reports during the next few hours. 

How is the flake size down there? Flake size here hasn't been impressive yet (no ripping of dendrites).

Yep, I had to deal with a 3 day power outage with the ice storm last week. Got a little chilly but wasn't too bad. But with this Arctic outbreak, a power outage would be very bad. Also, pretty much all of Southern MI is closed tomorrow, except for the essential functions. I would expect many schools to be closed for Tuesday as well because of the snow and the cold.

Archived