• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
January 3-6th Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

Let's just remember that this is one model. Everyone seems to be taking it as gospel.

:clap:

i know for a minute Im thinking...wait a minute...we are praising the always-bashed NAM for being the furthest NW of any model, per usual, and speaking of it as if its set in stone?

Not a fan of the new NAm..its still great for here...but just cutting it WAYYY too close for comfort.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LAF still looks in pretty good shape.. But down here near IND, precip issues quickly becoming an issue..

We'll be in the same boat soon. Matter of fact I expect some rain at this point. Trend is undeniable. But...if we can stay all frozen, it may be pretty good.

:clap:

i know for a minute Im thinking...wait a minute...we are praising the always-bashed NAM for being the furthest NW of any model, per usual, and speaking of it as if its set in stone?

Not a fan of the new NAm..its still great for here...but just cutting it WAYYY too close for comfort.

Who is we? 

Wow ... one more run and this baby is Bo's ... ;)

I would think with the arctic front slamming south there is only so far NW this thing can go. Right now the NAM/RGEM would be awesome here but another jolt west and its major YIKES. You are the one who says to get the best snow you have to smell the rain...but too nerve-wracking!

Latest Canadian is showing rain for Toronto.

I expect the GFS and Euro to cave with their runs today.

What a turnaround!

Most in the Toronto area are already sick of winter, so they'll likely be happy with this outcome.

I expect the incoming cold air to be greatly moderated in my region now that there will not be a fresh snow cover for it to move across.

Latest Canadian is showing rain for Toronto.

I expect the GFS and Euro to cave with their runs today.

What a turnaround!

Most in the Toronto area are already sick of winter, so they'll likely be happy with this outcome.

I expect the incoming cold air to be greatly moderated in my region now that there will not be a fresh snow cover for it to move across.

Actually the 12z RGEM shows a couple of inches of wet snow before it changes to rain around 8-9 pm Sunday. But yeah, the chances of an all-snow event is almost down to zero, pending a miracle from the GFS and Euro.

Archived