• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
18z Runs 1/2/14

Allsnow

Yeah I posted that , there is a ridiculous dry slot and I don't see how it gets filled in I know models predicted it and with all the model psycho babble common sense tells me that the systems aren't merging. I want the storm to happen as much as anyone else Im almost 40 and lived through many storms. This storm is going to be hard to pull off that all I'm saying.

Ding ding ding we have a winner

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ding ding ding we have a winner

Thanks , what's the prize? Everybody acts so sophisticated around here sometimes, it's just a weather board. I've been around since northeast weather newsgroups to eastern weather. I think people are great, but puleeze lets not take everything so seriously.

Thanks , what's the prize? Everybody acts so sophisticated around here sometimes, it's just a weather board. I've been around since northeast weather newsgroups to eastern weather. I think people are great, but puleeze lets not take everything so seriously.

Then you should know not to freak out over the radar. Its unfolding on schedule and if anything models are trending slightly wetter

18Z HRRR now available, accumulations through 4 am of mostly 4-6 area wide with a 6-8 bullseye in coastal Monmouth and good portion of Atlantic County in SNJ.  Sim rad shows it still snowing with strongest returns S and E of NYC.

The HRRR may be underestimating snow ratios with this storm. If you look at the Total Accumulated Precip maps they show blobs of .5"+ precip. throughout the metro area within 4"-6" range.

The HRRR may be underestimating snow ratios with this storm. If you look at the Total Accumulated Precip maps they show blobs of .5"+ precip. throughout the metro area within 4"-6" range.

I don't think it's using the ratios. 

EDIT: No, it's the total acc precip. It's at .25-.5" area wide, but it's .5"+ at Coastal NJ and LI. 

Archived