joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
01/02/14 to 01/03/14 Snow Storm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn it - fell asleep. I always miss the good part of the storms!

I have no idea how much I have but it looks incredible outside...

Ace u missed basically a complete white out for a while. It wasn't really the intensity of the snow that caused it although the snow was heavy. It was the combo of a wind driven s+, blowing snow and fog. I couldn't see more than 100 yards at times. Ratios got better towards 4am too. It was probably around 12:1 (est) for more than half of the event and has gradually increased. Snow really piled up 330-4am to now.

Ace u missed basically a complete white out for a while. It wasn't really the intensity of the snow that caused it although the snow was heavy. It was the combo of a wind driven s+, blowing snow and fog. I couldn't see more than 100 yards at times. Ratios got better towards 4am too. It was probably around 12:1 (est) for more than half of the event and has gradually increased. Snow really piled up 330-4am to now.

was just outside (LOL I went to bed at 330AM)

1) its a beautiful scene

2) ITS BRUTALLY COLD

3) these are the most perfect dentrites i've seen in a long time....the radar doesnt do the actually intensity justice. Visibility was under 300 feet and I was barely under any echoes.

I measured, and im sure between compaction and wind driven snow its not correct but on 5 measurements from around my property I have 9.5"....still coming down to beat the band

was just outside (LOL I went to bed at 330AM)

1) its a beautiful scene

2) ITS BRUTALLY COLD

3) these are the most perfect dentrites i've seen in a long time....the radar doesnt do the actually intensity justice. Visibility was under 300 feet and I was barely under any echoes.

I measured, and im sure between compaction and wind driven snow its not correct but on 5 measurements from around my property I have 9.5"....still coming down to beat the band

Nice man! 

You're just a shade ahead of me. I'm approaching 9" at this time and it's still dumping. 

Archived