joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
01/02/14 to 01/03/14 Snow Storm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

usually 15-20 DZ snowfall would net very little accumulation....this is a very unique storm (I mean most storms are unique, but this is out of the realm for this area)

The ratios are working out well. If this continues for another 6 hours or more, I think 10" is possible. 6-8" is very likely.

The ratios are working out well. If this continues for another 6 hours or more, I think 10" is possible. 6-8" is very likely.

most models have it snowing through 7-9AM (dont they?)....the ratios during the last 5-6 hours might be insane...im thinking 10-14 is possible for E NJ and S LI (east of us)....well probably be in the 8-11" range

If the Low is heading ENE wont it pull ot the heavy snow in CNJ without to the south of KNYC?

When the low bombs and comes more north, it's going to bring the lifting and heavier precip/banding more north. Don't worry. If this thing tucks just a little bit more west, 8-12"+ is looking likely, esp. over long island. Monmouth/Ocean counties may be getting into the 15" range when all is said and done. Let's see what the low has in store for us.

Archived