joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z Model Suite Discussion Thread Jan. 2nd / 3rd

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does the two lows make sense? or do you think future runs will start concentrating on one low pressure?

I was thinking the same thing. It looks real suspect. Not saying convective feedback but how often does that double low solution actually come to fruition? Still looks improved which is refreshing...

When will the worst of this storm will be? Overnight Thursday?

Yes - thursday during the day according to that model doesn't look like much BUT I think that dry slot and location may change and is suspect now since the models can't accurately predict that this far in advance - I would go with 4 - 8 inches now but that might change

The GFS is killing the chance for a monster by focusing on the Low on the polar boundary (well off the coast), this drags the most QPF with it off the coast.

However it senses some cyclogenesis on the arctic boundary (closer to the coast) (that weaker 997 low off the NJ coast). That is our hope for snow, if it can consolidate on the arctic boundary (like the EURO was showing yesterday) that is how we get our big snow.

Overrunning, and the polar coastal low produce next to nothing for the area. GFS is still splitting the energy between the lows with an emphasis on the polar. If it swings the other way that is our chance.

JB mentioned this also in his recent posts.

I would say 2-5 now if I HAD TO make a forecast...I always slice model QPF a bit and so doing that with the GFS and its ensembles thats about what I see...I'm not trusting the Euro at all right now...for all we know though it'll show a blizzard on its next run

That's with the ratios?

Archived