joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z Model Suite Discussion Thread Jan. 2nd / 3rd

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This run actually looks less amplified than the 00z run through 36 hours. 

With the southern stream, for sure; but the northern stream energy is stronger and more meridional, which helps to pump up the heights a bit in SE Canada.

That being said, if the southern stream runs out ahead, then the prior statement won't matter much. 

I'm not sure how much this run will produce, but if it keeps trending the way it did with the northern stream energy and the energy on the backside of the trough, there is still room for more improvements come 00z and 12z tomorrow. 

I have to think the better trend with the main trough will make for some kind of improvement in the end. The inconsistency on the Euro though is almost laughable since we expect it to be so much better.

Mt Holly's snowmap totals....2-4./4-6 storm 2-4 inches Southern Somerset and most of Middlesex  except northern in the 2-4 inch everyone else to the north 4-6...2-4 for Trenton to Philly to South Jersey...that's an appropriate call and one I thought they would make

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/phi/StormTotalSnow/stormtotal.php

Mt Holly's snowmap totals....2-4./4-6 storm 2-4 inches Southern Somerset and most of Middlesex  except northern in the 2-4 inch everyone else to the north 4-6...2-4 for Trenton to Philly to South Jersey...that's an appropriate call and one I thought they would make

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/phi/StormTotalSnow/stormtotal.php

advisory level event with those totals - similar to the december storms in many areas

I have to think the better trend with the main trough will make for some kind of improvement in the end. The inconsistency on the Euro though is almost laughable since we expect it to be so much better.

Lol I think its just not handling the overall pattern well the last year or so. Remember the 09-11 days when on certain storms it would lock in on day 6 and almost hold steady, except for when it lost the boxing day storm

Archived