northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
A localized white christmas

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just absolutely insane in Port Jeff Station for about 15 minutes. Just flurries now. From earlier:

Yes absolutely...for about 12 to 15 minutes it was S++++++picked up an inch in about 13 minutes or so...which is almost 5 inches an hour...unbelievable snow burst / squall for Port Jeff!

yes. See how it evolves. System east of ac tracks e of the BM. But it's trended west last 3 runs

The RGEM just joined the NAM, still in the screw zone as of now, too late for the inland low and too far west for the coastal...it may be a false alarm too as of now, sometimes the models see something for 1 run, jump one way and then go back the other way the next run...wouldn't get too excited yet, even on eastern LI unless we see further trending on 12Z runs tomorrow and the GFS/Euro joining but the RGEM coming west leads me to think the GFS probably will as well.

You were in a good spot again!  Total was a dusting out here...and not on paved surfaces

It was the most exciting weather event here in the last 10 months...though it was over in about 15 minutes...lol.  Snowed about as hard as I've ever seen it...even better than the Blizzard of '83.

The RGEM just joined the NAM, still in the screw zone as of now, too late for the inland low and too far west for the coastal...it may be a false alarm too as of now, sometimes the models see something for 1 run, jump one way and then go back the other way the next run...wouldn't get too excited yet, even on eastern LI unless we see further trending on 12Z runs tomorrow and the GFS/Euro joining but the RGEM coming west leads me to think the GFS probably will as well.

I'm hoping it dosn't snow, I'm flying out on thursday and all I need is to be stuck waiting in a airport to fly out because of delays.

Archived