• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December pattern discussion, part II

Typhoon Tip

I like being modeled on the cold side of the boundary, but C NH is still on the edge. AUG will probably be torn a new one. I'd like to see the low level cold modeled stronger in the coming days.

we will probably be on the cold side for a good part of this and that should cement the pack, even if we go dark side for a bit.  Pack fetish here because a deep pack makes a 4 inch snow seem like a biggie while its happening.  What do you think of friday?  no hpc probs down here.  And how much did you get yesterday?  i was about 4.5 i think

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like being modeled on the cold side of the boundary, but C NH is still on the edge. AUG will probably be torn a new one. I'd like to see the low level cold modeled stronger in the coming days.

Did the Euro ens also cool?

I just think alot of these 50's and 60's we're seeing now forecast might be in a bit of trouble over the weekend.. Of course they could be right..but there's enough evidence to maybe not go that warm

Did the Euro ens also cool?

I just think alot of these 50's and 60's we're seeing now forecast might be in a bit of trouble over the weekend.. Of course they could be right..but there's enough evidence to maybe not go that warm

No, they stayed about status quo. I think we're probably going to hit the 50s on Sunday....but maybe we can constrain it to a 6-10 hour period versus 18-24 hours. Esp north of the pike and into S NH.

I agree - I am hoping I can be on the cold side and get in on ice if possible.  I just want to save the snowpack at a minimum.

hey mods - I'm mostly a lurker with the occasion observation post or two, so I don't feel like I've a lot of weight here, but can you remind folks to keep the discussion thread free of banter?  It's pretty painful to read single sentence posts over and over again in the diiscussion thread about how the snowpack is going to melt, the dog is going to run away, and the wife is going to leave because hubby doesn't know how to keep a proper snowpack around through Christmas.  Thanks.

hey mods - I'm mostly a lurker with the occasion observation post or two, so I don't feel like I've a lot of weight here, but can you remind folks to keep the discussion thread free of banter?  It's pretty painful to read single sentence posts over and over again in the diiscussion thread about how the snowpack is going to melt, the dog is going to run away, and the wife is going to leave because hubby doesn't know how to keep a proper snowpack around through Christmas.  Thanks.

A lot of those snowpack posts have to do with the pattern discussion. It's ok to have a little human emotion once in a while..we don't bleed oil.

hey mods - I'm mostly a lurker with the occasion observation post or two, so I don't feel like I've a lot of weight here, but can you remind folks to keep the discussion thread free of banter? It's pretty painful to read single sentence posts over and over again in the diiscussion thread about how the snowpack is going to melt, the dog is going to run away, and the wife is going to leave because hubby doesn't know how to keep a proper snowpack around through Christmas. Thanks.

This is what keeps this subforum going in situations where a holy war is declared on their snowpack, last ditch efforts and wishcasting to try and save it. Atleast they have snowpack though to be proud of i got 1" of encrusted snow on long island lol. But this forum probably provided some of the better met info on here, trust me this behavior keeps everyone sane here

:weenie:

Snowpack discussion is not banter it is related to the potential warmup coming...

Well the thing is....it all depends on how strong the s/w is ejecting out of the southwest. As modeled, it's strong and does not care about snow on the ground. But, if it's a bit weaker the front easily could struggle north. But, it's a catch 22. Even if the front is south, you maybe have 1-3" of rain from lift over it. Part of me sees the icing potential possibly into nrn ORH county.

2008 ice storm redux!

It's pretty bizarre and not like we have some powerhouse phased low tracking west of us to bring up this extreme warmth. Its a weak wavy looking thing that tracks over me more or less. yet we get 850 temps for the ages.

it comes right up from the tropics thanks to that cutoff in the SW. Big SE ridge too. The euro op might be too warm, but if we lived at 850mb. It would be Toucan Sam weather.

it comes right up from the tropics thanks to that cutoff in the SW. Big SE ridge too. The euro op might be too warm, but if we lived at 850mb. It would be Toucan Sam weather.

Lol toucan sam weather. There has got to be some record high temps in jeapordy come sunday in the northeast whether it be in NE or the tri-state is yet to be seen. Mother nature will be forming battle plans this week for the assualt on new englands snowpack though, brace yourselves people for mother natures furnace!!

hey mods - I'm mostly a lurker with the occasion observation post or two, so I don't feel like I've a lot of weight here, but can you remind folks to keep the discussion thread free of banter? It's pretty painful to read single sentence posts over and over again in the diiscussion thread about how the snowpack is going to melt, the dog is going to run away, and the wife is going to leave because hubby doesn't know how to keep a proper snowpack around through Christmas. Thanks.

Snowpack discussion has direct correlation to pattern discussion. Thanks

Over the next week we will see which way this winter goes.  It looks pretty good but I think there's still some signs...maybe 20 or 30% chance it could break bad and we break milder than average.  The overwhelming signal is positive but let's see what shakes after the disco inferno on Sunday.

Agree.  If there ends up being no blocking and the EPO goes to hell, an inferno could break out ala Jan 06

Archived