• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

I never said it was too cold to snow in March (that would be insane). I said the chances of getting big snow in March along the coastal plane are low. And BEHOLD, I was right. Even in the Mid-Atlantic this is the case: most of the heavy accumulations are well west of the fall line.

What?

The complete basis for your argument is that it would be too warm to snow on the coast in mid-March and for that reason your total argument is a miserable failure.

It's actually too cold/dry to snow here today courtesy of the polar vortex.

If this had missed to the north or if we had rain, then you could have claimed victory. Today verified completely opposite of what would have supported your argument.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What?

The complete basis for your argument is that it would be too warm to snow on the coast in mid-March and for that your reason your total argument is a miserable failure.

It's actually too cold/dry to snow here today courtesy of the polar vortex.

If this had missed to the north or if we had rain, then you could have claimed victory. Today verified completely opposite of what would have supported your argument.

Can you pull up the posts where I said it would be too warm to snow (at all) along the coast? Sounds like people on here are just a little bitter, not enough snow for y'all?

I never said it was too cold to snow in March (that would be insane). I said the chances of getting big snow in March along the coastal plane are low. And BEHOLD, I was right. Even in the Mid-Atlantic this is the case: most of the heavy accumulations are well west of the fall line.

Edit: the exception to that seems to be right around DC, as eastern PG and AA counties have some 5-10" accumulations. That is right along or just east of the fall line.

Lewes, DE came in with 9" of snow at 8AM. Atlantic City Airport had almost 6", and Cape May had over 7". The immediate coast had as much snow as anywhere else did.

Lewes, DE came in with 9" of snow at 8AM. Atlantic City Airport had almost 6", and Cape May had over 7". The immediate coast had as much snow as anywhere else did.

The foot+ totals were all west of the Blue Ridge. Pretty impressive right along the coast though.

Can you pull up the posts where I said it would be too warm to snow (at all) along the coast? Sounds like people on here are just a little bitter, not enough snow for y'all?

Just concede that your whole argument was garbage. The pattern is far more important than climo. It can snow here on Memorial Day with the right setup.

I just want warmer weather for the first weekend of april for dubs on defrost in CT. First show of the volkswagen show season, and im boothing my car for my shop. Detailing my engine bay next week with some freshly hydrographed/clearcoated engine parts ;)

I catch you with a loud exhaust, it's game over for you :gun:

Just concede that your whole argument was garbage. The pattern is far more important than climo. It can snow here on Memorial Day with the right setup.

Or you can actually serve up proof to back up what you are claiming, that would work too. I've said here a dozen+ times it can snow along the coastal plain in March. Maybe stick to making March 93 or March 80 references with upcoming "storms".

Are the police strict out in LI?

Nassau county are not, some village police can be.  It helps to have SOA and DEA cards since they are clients :D  Was pulled over twice for dark tints two years ago by the same officer and showed him my Suffolk SOA card and he let me go both time, just stressed to me to get the tints lighter.  I had only had them for over 10 years on the car and never had a problem prior though.

Or you can actually serve up proof to back up what you are claiming, that would work too. I've said here a dozen+ times it can snow along the coastal plain in March. Maybe stick to making March 93 or March 80 references with upcoming "storms".

You need to back up your claims that you said it wouldnt snow 12" at the coastal plain when arguing climo. I just searched your posts, didnt see a single instance of that. I did find posts of yours saying the temps and the calendar argued against any significant storms here though. Like the one that just hit south of here. Where the climo is even worse for snow.

You need to back up your claims that you said it wouldnt snow 12" at the coastal plain when arguing climo. I just searched your posts, didnt see a single instance of that. I did find posts of yours saying the temps and the calendar argued against any significant storms here though. Like the one that just hit south of here. Where the climo is even worse for snow.

Yeah I don't think anyone here (Mikehobbyist-level weenies notwithstanding) thought there would be 12" of snow near the coast with this storm even when the models were trending too far north.

Nassau county are not, some village police can be. It helps to have SOA and DEA cards since they are clients :D Was pulled over twice for dark tints two years ago by the same officer and showed him my Suffolk SOA card and he let me go both time, just stressed to me to get the tints lighter. I had only had them for over 10 years on the car and never had a problem prior though.

I have no tints anywhere on my car and although my car is tuned and puts down roughly 300whp @19psi i drive pretty responsibly unless its early saturday/sunday morning and ill do some quick highway pulls and thats it. Ive had little problem with the police and only got stopped for speeding three times in my life and all three were warnings ( also helps having a suffolk/NYPD leutenants shield and card in your wallet as well ;)

Yes and the time of year still argues against significant snows here.  Anomalous events happen.  Are you suggesting that major snowstorms in March are commonplace?

Yet another strawman. Cmon dude youre a lot smarter than that.

Climo argues against mid-March snowstorms in this region.  This does not preclude them from occurring now and again.  It simply suggests that conditions have to be near perfect at this point to get snow.  And like we JUST saw, if they aren't, we don't get snow.  In this case, we didn't get anything as conditions to our south were perfect.

Nassau county are not, some village police can be. It helps to have SOA and DEA cards since they are clients :D Was pulled over twice for dark tints two years ago by the same officer and showed him my Suffolk SOA card and he let me go bo

th time, just stressed to me to get the tints lighter. I had only had them for over 10 years on the car and never had a problem prior though.

We always let people go when they show us a pba card. We always give out summonses for tints. Thats a big thing here in NYC. Tints have to be a certain percentage to be legal. We use a tint meter to determine that.

The admins have known Forky for a while so they let him get away with a lot of ****. It isn't right but whatever. We had a lot of fights in the past but if you just get to know his posting style, you will be fine. He is a troll but he knows his stuff when it comes to meteorology.

Show me one post where he added something of value? Something that gives me a reason to believe that he didn't buy his met degree online.

He went to college for meteorology. His posts are a couple word posts which I dont get why. He needs to relax . It's a weather board and people are trying to learn. I have no clue why he doesnt like you. You are a good poster imo

He went to college for meteorology. His posts are a couple word posts which I dont get why. He needs to relax . It's a weather board and people are trying to learn. I have no clue why he doesnt like you. You are a good poster imo

Although yank does have an attitude and has a fetish for aggression against pazzo, allsnow and some others he does add some decent analysis. :lol:

Tints i fully understand. Being a police officer like you are walking up to a blacked out car and not knowing if they're going to be civil citizens or gun weilding killers is very dangerous. One of the main reasons i took them off is it looks cleaner but also is more security for police and less to be harassed for anthony

It is really dangerous when we stop the cars because you have no clue if they are packing. My last arrest was because of tints lol. Ran a warrant check and the guy popped lol. We also get a lot of cars from other statea with tints. When that happens, we have to see what there legal percentage is.

Archived