amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beyond pi$$ed we are getting shafted to the south twice in MARCH! So ridiculous, this pattern sucks, give me 60s already. It wouldn't feel bad if this was going north and we rained but this is too much, awful awful. You can just look at the radar and figure out the moderate to heavy stuff is going to be south of TTN by several miles actually. 

This is why I absolutely hate March, it's the worst month of weather because it's always the most disappointing.

This is why I absolutely hate March, it's the worst month of weather because it's always the most disappointing.

It's only dissapointing if you cling tight with every last ounce of hope to something that wasn't going to happen lol. I do agree though, it's time for the 60's

Sigh... Just stop reading

No he has to choke every last ounce of fun for everyone here. I think if you go to Webester's that definition might be under his name. Some people dont recognize constant condscension can only take you so far in life- that is to say , not far at all!

Eh, how can you complain after a winter like this? What are you going to do next season when we get 20" all year?

I'm not but you have to admit this past month has been a giant tease. I'm a bit upset because I wish we could break some snow records but perhaps it's a good thing we haven't broken them due to a lack of one big MECS or greater type storm, which would really make it a memorable winter for many. 

I'm not but you have to admit this past month has been a giant tease. I'm a bit upset because I wish we could break some snow records but perhaps it's a good thing we haven't broken them due to a lack of one big MECS or greater type storm, which would really make it a memorable winter for many.

Why do you living in New Brunswick care about a record in NYC? I just don't get it. People in NYC don't care about records in New Brunswick.

Put your snow blowers in long term storage. Empty them out. El Nino of 98 had us balmy all winter with flooding coastals. Didn't snow again til Dec 30, 2000.

Depends on the strength obviously but there are numerous other factors that come into play. You can't just say a weak to moderate el nino will immediately lead to a cold and snowy winter.

There has to be some cooperation with the AO/NAO and PNA/EPO. El Nino jumpstarts the southern stream, which is why you often got a lot of big, moisture filled storms but without any blocking or cold air, they'll just be warm rainstorms or cutters. 

Central NJ had less snow that year than this one. Every storm missed to the south or north. Granted, 3 of those misses left us with 10, 11, and 8 inches

False for Monmouth County. 2009-10 had 70-74" across much of the area here, still about a foot or so above this winter's totals.

Middlesex and somerset did a lot worse than areas to the north and south though still a well above average winter

It really wasn't that great. 10 inches in Dec storm, 2-3  feb 6, around 11 two days later, and only 8 feb 26. So around 30 something inches when Monmouth had over 70. It kinda sucked. The march Noreaster was the biggest storm for us that year.All rain, but serious damage. And visiting Cape may zoo and DC zoo in the spring and seeing all that snow damage. Odd.

Archived