• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

It is really dangerous when we stop the cars because you have no clue if they are packing. My last arrest was because of tints lol. Ran a warrant check and the guy popped lol. We also get a lot of cars from other statea with tints. When that happens, we have to see what there legal percentage is.

Bingo! When my friends complain about getting harassed by police for tints i say to them " would you like to walk up to car and not know whats going on inside knowing you can send them to prison?"

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tints i fully understand. Being a police officer like you are walking up to a blacked out car and not knowing if they're going to be civil citizens or gun weilding killers is very dangerous. One of the main reasons i took them off is it looks cleaner but also is more security for police and less to be harassed for anthony

I understand from an officer's point of view. Granted no longer have that car with the 12% tint (suppose to be 20%) according to the officer's tint meter. If I ever was pulled over at night, dome lights would go on and windows down with both hands on top of steering wheel.  Have tints on my new car but they are not as dark & I don't have aftermarket wheels, etc on it.  Just a stock looking car.

Good luck with your car show, use to do car meets with the Lexus guys when I had that car, never got into showing my car requires a lot of care and time.

When I was toying around with starting my own forum I came up with the following criteria...

Non-met posters would start off as Jr. Members with a limit of ten posts per 24 hours in non-banter threads.

Unlimited posts would be allowed in banter threads.

Then as time went on, you would be able to increase the amount of posts you could make in a serious discussion thread.

I know were all guilty of making unnecessary posts at times. The moderators here try to take a more relaxed approach as opposed the way Philly was run under Amp. He used to hand out warning points for posting about a day ten storm.

I understand from an officer's point of view. Granted no longer have that car with the 12% tint (suppose to be 20%) according to the officer's tint meter. If I ever was pulled over at night, dome lights would go on and windows down with bo

th hands on top of steering wheel. Have tints on my new car but they are not as dark & I don't have aftermarket wheels, etc on it. Just a stock looking car.

Is your car from Florida? 20 percent sounds like Florida. That's exactly what you have to do when you get pulled over :)

When I was toying around with starting my own forum I came up with the following criteria...

Non-met posters would start off as Jr. Members with a limit of ten posts per 24 hours in non-banter threads.

Unlimited posts would be allowed in banter threads.

Then as time went on, you would be able to increase the amount of posts you could make in a serious discussion thread.

I know were all guilty of making unnecessary posts at times. The moderators here try to take a more relaxed approach as opposed the way Philly was run under Amp. He used to hand out warning points for posting about a day ten storm.

If your still interested in that idea id be down to help you out. Not the first time ive been admin or moderator in a forum/website ;)

Is your car from Florida? 20 percent sounds like Florida. That's exactly what you have to do when you get pulled over :)

No that car was always a NY registered car.  I don't do the out of state plates yet work and live in the state of NY, which I see often unfortunately.

You do realize that 20 percent tints in NY is illegal.

Yes I am aware, the VTL was even amended to the back side windows too.  I think 70% is legal, which is nothing.  Have photosensitive eyes, never pressured my eye doc for the MV-80 decal but had a note from him.

Whats even worse with tints is backing up in the rain at night, roll the windows down to see and get wet, no thanks!

That is what backup camera on the car is for now :P

Regardless stay safe out there both of you.

Anybody who wants to see some european cars come to whiskey cafe in lyndhurst,NJ march 23rd 12-6 pm. Its the garden state euros/ empire state euros spring opener car show. Food, drinks, DJ, vendors and lots of nice cars.

Local police know about it so zero tolerance policies are in place and it is a family event. Ill be boothin my car at my shop Tuning Works from LI with my mechanic's 2010 500whp matte black wrapped GTI. Drop by if your interested folks

If you want quality discussions about upcoming/impending storms than the model discussions should be MET only in so far as direct discussion. Those of us who are not METS (And the few that think they are) should be relegated to questions only that pertain directly to the subject being discussed. As far as Forky jumping on people I can give more than a few examples of

It being done to me and a few others over the last few days. Some warranted, some not. Several members here need to realize that just because someone posts something that disagrees with what they interpret doesn't make that individual wrong. It's NOT all about text book interpretation of what the models are showing. Taking into account location and history seems to have gone out the window for quite a few members. And a point was made in another thread about the NYC Metro group being like a bunch of Meth heads (so to speak) who have had their rocks taken away. We've been spoiled this winter and some will do anything to hold onto that chance for snow. Just an outside, objective opinion. And yes I know what that's worth.

Let me know when you become an administrator of this board. You'll see the biggest max exodus since Amp and Tombo abandoned Philly.

No serious poster, including myself was calling for a big storm more than five days out. If discussing what models show a few days in advance on a weather forum is a crime than I would like to know what else you expect to be discussing?

You should do us all a favor and lose this web address.

This post is exactly the type of post that is useless and is being discussed. Why should he lose the web address? You beat me up several days ago when I said the high would suppress the system to the south and we get no snow at all. You asked for scientific proof of my reasoning. I was looking at models, taking locality into consideration and the time of year along with a gut feeling. Sometimes that makes for the best weather forecasts. Why should I have to give proof? Because I disagree with your take on it? Turns out in the end I was right and the scientific proof was wrong? Yes there are some wasteful posts but as shown below yourself can hop on the bandwagon quite rapidly. I think we will need to take a step back take a deep breath and enjoy this winter for what it was. I'm not calling anyone out so much as making an observation. We are ALL guilty of something at one point or another.

post-3180-0-66067100-1395076297_thumb.jp

post-3180-0-60433700-1395076311_thumb.jp

Let me know when you become an administrator of this board. You'll see the biggest max exodus since Amp and Tombo abandoned Philly.

No serious poster, including myself was calling for a big storm more than five days out. If discussing what models show a few days in advance on a weather forum is a crime than I would like to know what else you expect to be discussing?

All he was doing here was saying what the model was showing. Dogs Yanks ever say he was calling for that? Nope

I disagree.

Archived