• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

It really wasn't that great. 10 inches in Dec storm, 2-3  feb 6, around 11 two days later, and only 8 feb 26. So around 30 something inches when Monmouth had over 70. It kinda sucked. The march Noreaster was the biggest storm for us that year.All rain, but serious damage. And visiting Cape may zoo and DC zoo in the spring and seeing all that snow damage. Odd.

I did a lot better than that, had over 40" easily that winter.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch the late storm miss the area to the south again. :facepalm: . Seeing the snowtotals down south is making me really depressed. I can handle storms missing to our north in March but not to the south.

Like I said last night, should've just stayed away from the obs threads and radar. :(

Even Reagan Airport had 7.7" of snow I believe.

Always remember that a fictitious storm at day 9 is better than no storm at all....

Wonder how long we'll have to wait before the maps end up on Facebook.

Today...

"EPIC BLIZZARD TO PARALYZE NORTHEAST WITH FEET OF SNOW AND BONE CHILLING COLD-EURO IS SHOWING THIS TO BE A BEAST"

Next weeks forecast- COLD AND DRY :lol:

Today...

"EPIC BLIZZARD TO PARALYZE NORTHEAST WITH FEET OF SNOW AND BONE CHILLING COLD-EURO IS SHOWING THIS TO BE A BEAST"

Next weeks forecast- COLD AND DRY :lol:

Next weeks forecast- Cold and Dry with flurries while the storm is well to the south hammering the Mid-Atlantic.

The Euro control run gives 2.5"+ liquid equivalent to the area over the next ten days while Central PA and NY State see under 1". Hard to believe that getting storms far enough north in the latter half of March is an issue.

Hard to find a good analog outside of March 1980.

When the PV did finally relax at the end of that month the area received a heavy duty rain storm from a cut off low.

033100.png

040100.png

The Euro control run gives 2.5"+ liquid equivalent to the area over the next ten days while Central PA and NY State see under 1". Hard to believe that getting storms far enough north in the latter half of March is an issue.

Hard to find a good analog outside of March 1980.

When the PV did finally relax at the end of that month the area received a heavy duty rain storm from a cut off low.

033100.png

040100.png

Nothing wrong with a nice rainstorm! ;)

You do realize that at one point, the last storm looked good for our area .

His argument makes no sense anyway.

Today's storm missed to the south because of the pattern. Had nothing to do with climo or the fact that it's Mid March. In fact, this is the exact opposite of his argument.

Hope he's enjoying his 60's.

His argument makes no sense anyway.

Today's storm missed to the south because of the pattern. Had nothing to do with climo or the fact that it's Mid March. In fact, this is the exact opposite of his argument.

Hope he's enjoying his 60's.

I never said it was too cold to snow in March (that would be insane). I said the chances of getting big snow in March along the coastal plane are low. And BEHOLD, I was right. Even in the Mid-Atlantic this is the case: most of the heavy accumulations are well west of the fall line.

Edit: the exception to that seems to be right around DC, as eastern PG and AA counties have some 5-10" accumulations. That is right along or just east of the fall line.

Archived